Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving photos

The Rhien Family - all together! It was great to get a few pictures of the whole clan together!
Gabe loves all of his Aunts and Uncles, but he sure has a lot of fun with Aunt Julia!
My cousin Taylor Rhien, with my niece Taylor Rhien.

It was Mama's first time to meet Hunter. She felt bad because she had been sick and couldn't love on the great grand-babies like she wanted to. But we know we'll have lots of other fun chances for Hunter to get some kisses from her! I was adding up all of the great-grandkids that Mama and Papa have (I think I counted 19....?) and they have more GREAT grandkids than grandkids now! Wow! And I also realized while we were visiting that I am the ONLY one of Mama and Papa's grand kids who has never lived in Farmington New Mexico. Kind of crazy (and I'm feeling a bit left out....)
Taylor and Hunter. These two are just about a month apart (Taylor is older). It will be fun to see if they get along as they grow up. When I was trying to snap a few pictures of these two Taylor reached over and took Hunter's hand - it was so cute! (I didn't get a very good picture of it because Hunter wasn't taking his hands out of his mouth!

3 of the 4 cousins (where was Allison?)
Allison and Gabe got along really well I thought. It was fun to see the two of them interact in a way they hadn't before. They are about a year (14 months) apart and it was fun to see them playing 'together'. The best part was when we told Allison to give Gabe a kiss. She grabbed him and SMOTHERED him with kisses. It was hilarious when they both had to come up for air :) Truly KISSIN COUSINS!A big tradition that my family has always had was to do a pinata on Christmas Eve as a part of our Mexican Christmas Eve celebrations. This year since we were all visiting for Thanksgiving instead of Christmas - mom planned for us to do the pinata while we were all together. It was fun to see the little kids get into it this year, and the candy this year was the best we've had! (And I managed to eat much more than my fair share!) I love this tradition so much I plan to pass it on to the Ellis family when we celebrate Christmas, and I'm also doing a pinata with my Young Women tomorrow night for a "traditions" activity. (I also included a few more pinata pictures on our 'Family Christmas Blog')



Well here are the pictures. (Family - I'll send you a disk with these and lots more pictures later this week)

4 comments:

Liz said...

I LOVE these pictures! I am so sad we weren't there for Thanksgiving when you were all there. It would have been SO wonderful to see everybody! I thought of you all at Mama and Papa's house on Thanksgiving- lucky!! :) Great pictures. I can't believe how big your family is getting! Your parents are getting quite the cute bunch of grandkids!

Chase said...

It looks like you had such a great Thanksgiving!

We would always have a pinata at my grandma Watterson's Christmas Eve party. It was such a fun tradition - I'm glad that we'll be doing it with the Ellis family this year!

The Rhiens said...

Yay! Pictures! You captured some fun moments. I didn't get too many pictures, so it will be great to get a disk. Thanks to all of you for making the effort to get to Farmington for the holiday, to see each other. We love each of you so much!

Love, Mom and Dad Rhien

Rachel Clare said...

I'm sorry we missed you guys. It would have been fun to see everyone.
Maybe soon?