Monday, November 26, 2007

Gratitude Posts

So I fell behind on my gratitude posts. We got so busy trying to leave for Thanksgiving and blogging was just one thing that slipped through the cracks. So hopefully I can catch up on the last week:
  1. a safe trip to Farmington for Thanksgiving - and the boys were even mostly well behaved!
  2. Getting to see all of my brothers, their wives and kids, my little sister and parents. We were all together for Thanksgiving - that doesn't happen often (in fact I can't think of the last time it did!)
  3. digital cameras
  4. Mama and Papa's house - I love going there for Thanksgiving. It makes it feel like a "real" Thanksgiving since that is what we always did growing up.
  5. traditions
  6. safe travels for my siblings
  7. nieces and nephews
  8. aunts and uncles
  9. cousins
  10. grandparents who are in relatively good health. I have been lucky to have known all of my grandparents, and for them all to still be living. I feel very blessed by that!
  11. kitchen gadgets that make life easier - like garlic presses and apple slicers
  12. chocolate...yummy chocolate
  13. Pampered Chef
  14. Target
  15. fun games to play with family
  16. HIGH SPEED internet
  17. bathtubs
  18. toilet cleaner
  19. measuring cups
  20. candle warmers
  21. perfectly straight Christmas lights
  22. laughing
  23. portable DVD players
  24. knowing I have a new book on-hold at the library waiting to be picked up!
  25. the relaxing feeling that my Christmas shopping is almost complete
  26. fun mail surprises
  27. early Christmas presents
  28. www.amazon.com
  29. thank you cards
  30. finding something I've been searching for
  31. the gift of sight
  32. the gift of hearing
  33. the gift of taste
  34. living in a neat ward
  35. opportunities
  36. dreams
  37. goals
  38. confidence
  39. wire wisks
  40. a brand new box of sharpened CRAYOLA crayons
  41. new school supplies
  42. the excitement of Christmas
  43. clean laundry
  44. Tide with bleach
  45. yummy smelling Downey dryer sheets
  46. having a husband who really does all he can to help our family
  47. Tylenol
  48. soft kleenex - gotta love Puffs Plus!
  49. Getting to see my little sister grow up into an amazing person. She continually inspires me.
  50. A grandma who sends my little boys the cutest little cards and stickers - they LOVE them!
  51. the song, "Clean up - Clean up" - thanks to whoever wrote that one!
  52. being a part of a family who has made great choices. We are so blessed to have families who have really done wonderful things in life, missions, marriages in the temple, raising children in the gospel - really blessed!
  53. I'm grateful BYU won their big game on Saturday!
  54. BYU football games
  55. parks and swinging at the park
  56. fun catalogs that come in the mail
  57. The Ensign, The Friend, and The New Era magazines
  58. Scrapbook magazines (too many to name!)
  59. silver - I love silver jewelry, silver home decor, etc.
  60. shiny kitchen floors (although at the moment my kitchen floor is extremely dirty and messy!)
  61. fruits and veggetables
  62. the variety of foods we can buy and eat
  63. gasoline
  64. convenience stores
  65. teeth
  66. makeup
  67. hairspray
  68. toothpaste and electric or battery operated toothbrushes
  69. chapstick
  70. tea tree shampoo and conditioner - feels so refreshing!

1 comment:

The Rhiens said...

I have so enjoyed reading your gratitude lists this month. I hope you know that we (Dad and I) are so thankful for our family...and you, Cory, Gabe and Hunter are all an important part of the family. Thanks so much for making the effort to come for Thanksgiving! I hope that everyone will forget the occasional chaos we experienced and remember the abundant joys of the week.

I love your new banner! So festive!

Love, Mom and Dad