Monday, November 12, 2007

Mexico



Ok - there are several reasons I haven't posted pictures from our trip. The biggest one is that I don't have great pictures. Really, we took very few pictures in Mexico - because really - who wants a bunch of pictures of our hotel room? That was where Hunter was happiest). But I'm also waiting for some pictures from our friends Trent and Melissa from our Hawaii trip. After having been in Mexico, and realizing we had hardly any pictures I made Trent the "designated photographer" for Hawaii. Now if they'd just send us a disk of the pictures...I do have a lot more from Hawaii that I took - so I'll post some of those too.

Here is Mexico. I hope to get a few pictures from one of the other Blind Guy wives too (who always takes hundreds of photos) - so maybe you'll get to see pictures of the resort later. Or check out their website - it's a beautiful resort!

  1. Here is the other couple we traveled with. They also brought their baby - who was just 5 weeks old. He however, handled the heat and the weather really well. If you think you get lots of stares when traveling with a little baby somewhere like Mexico - try traveling with 2 - it was funny all the looks we'd get!
  2. Here I am with sad Hunter. The picture looks a little foggy - that was actually just the humidity. And boy was it hot!
  3. Hunter's not too happy. This was a typical look - he did not enjoy the heat, and we'd put a little cover over his stroller so the wind wouldn't get to him - but that just created a sauna, and made it worse. Poor little guy. I wish I had taken pictures of him swimming - he did enjoy that part.
  4. Here are Andy and Kelly. They were really fun friends to travel with and I hope we can do it again sometime without the kiddos. We're planning on going on a 10 year anniversary (our anniversaries are a week apart) next year without kids, so that will be nice!
  5. This picture cracks me up. Here's Cory's shirt - it say, "Surf or Die" - however, here he is carrying the baby, with an umbrella to keep safe from the sun. It just felt like a contradiction, and much more indicative of our vacation - different from ones without kids where adventure is the goal.
  6. These iguanas were EVERYWHERE! It was amazing how huge they were! Cory also found a big crab in the grass one night. It's funny to have them just running wild around us.
  7. This is the one excursion we went on - to the ruins of Tulum. They were Myan ruins that were spectacular! They were right on the coast, and it was one of the prettiest views I've seen. I felt like we were stepping right into the movie, "The Testaments" - there were carvings in the ruins just like in the movie and in The Book of Mormon times. It made me really want to take a Book of Mormon tour someday. This same day we also went to a place called Xel-ha. It was gorgeous and I didn't take any pictures (another reason Trent was in charge in Hawaii!) We did a little snorlking and enjoyed the scenery. If we hadn't had the boys we would have and floated the river, and gone on some more adventurous things - but it was still nice.

And that wraps up our Mexico trip. I really regret not getting to spend more time at the beach, or taking more pictures - but that's the nature of the trip with a newborn. It beat most days at home in Utah - that's for sure! I would however like to go back. Especially with weather that wasn't so windy - that wasn't enjoyable for me.

Stay tuned - I'll post more about Hawaii later.

1 comment:

Chase said...

Thanks so much for posting these! We haven't seen much of you and Cory - those handsome boys of yours always take the spotlight! ;)

Despite the heat, humidity and little ones, it looks like you had a great, relaxing time. I love going on trips with good friends - especially as you get older and don't get to see them very often.

Great photos of the Myan ruins. I've always wanted to go on a Book of Mormon tour as well. All of my dream destinations are sunny and tropical (with the exception of London) and Chase's are all snowy and include amazing ski resorts.

Sorry for rambling, but it looks like you all had fun! And I love your long, curly hair - it looks great on you.

Love and hugs to all of you.