Wednesday, November 14, 2007

"And I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world...."

...Heavenly Father created for me"

Today I needed to get out of the house for a few hours (we were having some new cabinets installed, and a few other wood working projects done - I knew that Gabe's 'help' wouldn't be quite appreciated - so I thought we'd get out of the house) - so we drove down to St. George. I had originally planned on going to about a million different places to do some Christmas shopping and errands, but then I screwed my head on straight, and realized that wasn't going to happen with my 2 little boys right in the middle of nap-time. So as we headed down to Dixie and they both finally fell asleep (right outside of St. George - like minutes from our destination) I decided we'd drive around a bit so they could get a little sleep in. So I headed to "Snow Canyon". WOW! I have driven through there before - but it was so gorgeous! I was sad that I didn't have my camera with me (I always have one in my diaper bag - but Cory took it the last couple of days) - but I did have my phone....so I attempted to capture the beauty - ATTEMPTED...

But it got me thinking about this beautiful earth. WOW! We are so blessed to live in a world that is so diverse and gorgeous. I love that about Utah - how I can be immersed in the red-rocks, and then an hour and 1/2 north of St. George I have beautiful snowy mountains in Brianhead. I love that!

So then I got to thinking of all of the different places I've been - what are some of my favorites - based on the beauty? Here is a list of some of the places I love and I'm grateful Heavenly Father blessed our world with:
  • As mentioned before - I really love the red rocks of Southern Utah. Snow Canyon is one of my new favorites, but I also have fallen in love with Zions, Bryce (I love Hoo-doos), Arches (where Cory proposed to me!) and the Lake Powell area.
  • Mt. Timpanogos - We had the most spectacular view of this mountain from the back of our house when I was growing up in Orem. It's a GORGEOUS mountain, and I always get excited when we drive or fly into Utah county when I see "my" mountain.
  • The Tetons - Cory has shared his love of the Teton Mountains with me, and I think these are probably my very favorite. They are so majestic and stately, and my heart starts to pound with excitement and anticipation when I am getting close to seeing them. I love to even just see the tips of the mountains from Rexburg - peeking out over the horizon. Someday if Cory and I win the lottery we're totally going to move to Driggs and enjoy the view every single day!
  • The Oregon Coast - my mom has shared her love of the Oregon Coast with me, and I'm so grateful for that. I love when it's kind of hazy and almost chilly looking (ok - in February it WAS chilly when we were there!) The water is so beautiful and the coastline amazing!
  • Hawaiian beaches - beautiful. I especially love the sunsets I've been blessed to experience, the waves and a sunset - can't get much more serene and beautiful than that.
  • That leads me to sunsets - anywhere, but particuarlly in Idaho. I dont' know what it is about Rexburg's sunsets - but they really are the prettiest. Cory used to say that and I thought he was nuts - but after experiencing them - he was right!
  • The water in the carribean. I love how green the water is - it's like it calls out to you to dive in and enjoy the warm water.
  • The green of Ohio and Michigan. I loved how green and lush it was both summers we lived back in the midwest. NOTHING like the deseret of Utah - and I loved that.
  • Couer D'Alene Idaho. There are some amazing views on Lake Couer D'Alene, and I've really enjoyed the times I've gotten to visit up there for Blind Guy meetings.

So I feel so blessed with this beautiful world - truly it is a gift from Heavenly Father!

4 comments:

Tiffany B said...

Ok so start playing the lottery already lol! I would love for you to move to Driggs. Closer to IF! Beautiful places and pictures too. I am enjoying reading your gratitude posts.

Anonymous said...

*The beach at Jenner (where the Russian River meets the ocean
*Mendicino cost, Mendicino Botanic Garden
*Brooklyn Botanic Garden
*Rodeo Beach (before the oil spill)
*Oregon Coast
*West side of Big Island Hawaii, esp Kapoho Point
*Bay of Fundy
*Martha's Vineyard
*Grand Teton NP
*Marshlands
*the Delta

I wouldn't have thought I could fill out the whole ten gratitudes with favorite naturalplaces, Thanks for the inspirations, Joanna.
Love, Sandra

Wow, I wouldn't have thought it was so

Ashley Mullen said...

You should have used your discount for the cabinets from Kraftmaid. Where are you getting new cabinets?

MaryRuth said...

I love your gratitude lists!!

I also LOVE C'DA Idaho!! We lived 15 minutes from there for several years... one of my favorite places in the whole wide world!!