Monday, November 12, 2007

Gratitudes

  1. Visiting teaching - I know I don't always express my gratitude for it - but it is a smart program. I especially enjoyed the message my visiting teacher shared with me today. You can find the article here.
  2. A hubby who gets up and takes care of our dogs in the mornings. Cory's great at feeding them, making sure the yard is cleaned up, and for the most part remembers to lock them in the backyard.
  3. A wonderful yard - sure, we have a lot of landscaping I wish we could afford (lots of trees, a fountain someday....), but we do have a beautiful yard with (mostly) green grass, a nice big cement slab for Gabe to ride his bikes on, a beautiful fence - we're lucky.
  4. Church leaders who love us. Last night Gabe got out the latest issue of The Ensign to look at, "President Finkley" (it is SO cute when he says it!) We went through the pictures of The Quorm of the Twelve Apostles and tried teaching him their names. He was so sweet with it and loved saying "Elder Cooks!" and "Eye-ring" (we tried telling him to remember President Eyring because he had EYE glasses). He was fascinated with looking at their pictures.
  5. Stories - (I just asked Gabe - and this is what he is thankful for today). I love that we have story time twice a day every day (naptime, and bedtime). I love children's books and the chance to share my love of them with Gabe and Hunter.
  6. Healthy children - I know I am going to regret typing this, but I'm grateful that my children are (for the most part) healthy. Hunter has caught the crud I have right now, but for the most part he and Gabe have healthy little bodies and I'm so grateful for that!
  7. Beef jerky - kind of an odd one, but when I need a salty snack this is perfect - low fat, high protein and tasty!
  8. Microwaves - When Cory and I were getting ready to get married I was living in this DIVE of an apartment with my sister-in-law Ashley. It was so disgusting, and was where Cory and I were going to live when we got married (luckily that changed). Anyway, it wasn't the mold that instantly grew in the dingy shower, or the fact you had to sit sideways on the toilet to shut the door, or the fact that my bed was actually in the hallway, or even the fact that the kitchen was also in a hall (it was TINY) - but it was the fact the apartment didn't have a microwave that drove me to tears one night. I just fell apart. Cory disappeared and a few minutes later he came back with a brand-new microwave that he'd bought with some of his school money, and some tin-foil and ziploc bags (something else I didnt' feel I could afford at the time....) Ever since then I have realized how much I appreciate microwaves, and I'm grateful for them! (thanks sweetie - it was one of the sweetest things you've done for me!) Seriously - what did people do before microwaves!??!
  9. burp cloths - Hunter is pretty slobbery, and spits up a lot more than Gabe (who never did!). I'm grateful I stocked up on burp cloths when I was pregnant with Gabe.
  10. Scrapbooking. I don't get to do it often enough - but I am grateful for the hobby and what it's given me. I have had jobs, met very special friends, gained more confidence, recognized that I AM artistic, learned a lot about myself, and most of all - I have had fun. I love scrapbooking!

2 comments:

Chase said...

We got your postcard in the mail today! What a fun surprise! I know you are super busy... but are you planning on posting any photos of your trip?

Anonymous said...

Monday gratitudes
Beautiful golden autumn light
Freshly washed car
Healthy food for lunch
persimmons
Useful work
My sturdy body
Afternoon vitamin drink
my favorite music
My beloved friends
paint class tonight
Love, Sandra