Friday, November 02, 2007

Another Gabe funny

Earlier this week I made some yummy Fudge Nut Bars for that recipe swap I posted. I needed a picture of them, so I had to cook up a big tray of them. Knowing my weakness for all things chocolate I made them with the plan to take them to others and only have one. So when Gabe got up from his nap I asked him who we should take them to for FHE. He thought about it for a minute and said, "Hmmmm....Dr Gatherum!"

Now you should know - Dr. Gatherum is an OB/GYN and delivered both Gabe and Hunter......but Gabe insisted that was who he wanted to take cookies to. It cracked us up because it's not like Gabe even knows Dr. Gatherum - but we sure love him as a dr (seriously - he is the best dr in the whole world!) and figured a plate of cookies would be a good thank-you. So we made him a thank-you card ran over a plate of goodies for Gabe to say thank you :).

So I had to laugh again when Gabe said one of the things he was thankful for was "Dr. Gatherum". Funny kiddo.

Oh - another thing Gabe's been saying lately is, "Mom - Sound!" He says this whenever he hears ANYTHING - and then tries to figure out what it is. He has amazing hearing too - he can hear kids around the block playing outside, Cory coming home from clear up the street (but that could be because Cory's truck is SO loud), a toilet flushing, water running, Hunter crying or just waking up, dogs, airplanes, you name it. It kind of drives me nuts - but it's funny to see his face when he says, "Mom - sound!"

1 comment:

The Rhiens said...

That made me laugh when I read about the "Mom--sound" thing. He did that the whole time you were gone. I can't count how many times a day he would say, "Sound, Grandma". It always seemed like it was half comment and half question--what is that sound? Cute boy!

Love, Mom Rhien
p.s. Did Dr. Gatherum think it was funny that you brought him treats? Did you end up taking them to Dr. Dowse, too? :)