Thursday, November 01, 2007

Halloween wrap up


Ugh. As I was uploading these pictures I realized that I just copied over my original pictures with these smaller web-friendly versions. Darn it! Now I don't have originals of these pictures that are big enough to print. Darn!

Well here is a recap of our Halloween. It was a QUIET Halloween at our house. Seriously we had about 1/4 of the trick-or treaters we had expected. I was talking to a neighbor and she said tehre were cars lined up our street last year. This year we'd have a couple kids, and then like 15-25 minutes until a couple more came. In the end Cory was dumping candy in their bowls. Interesting....
Anyway, Cory took Gabe out with our friends and their little boy Garrett. Garrett was a mouse from "Ratatouille" - so the 2 little mice went scurrying off to get candy. Almost everyone on our street handed out chocolate - which was a bummer (because then I want to eat it....). But Gabe loved "treating".
It was funny because he called the scary trick-or-treaters "trickers", and the others were "treaters". They went to one house with a teenager dressed up as a scary goblin on the porch. He stood perfectly still until the boys got closer to him and then started moving. I guess it TOTALLY freaked Gabe out. He kept shaking his arms and making this scary face and saying, "Daddy - it's scary!" They pointed out to him that it was just Cody the neighbor. Then all night Gabe kept talking about scary Cody. It was funny to see his apprehension even hours later.
We dressed Hunter up in the costume Gabe wore 2 years ago - a "sweet" pea. He went out for a few minutes with us to see neighbors, but it was pretty low key. The weather was REALLY nice - one of the first years I remember not having icky weather. And it was great to not have to tromp the boys out in snow.



2 comments:

The Rhiens said...

Precious! Thanks for sharing your holiday with us who aren't there to see the boys as they head out.

Mom and Dad

Chris and Jana said...

That has to be the cutest little Mickey Mouse I think I've ever seen! Hunter was adorable too!