Thursday, November 29, 2007

Gratitudes for Thursday

  1. new comfy bathroom rugs, and a hubby who bought them without being asked
  2. a hubby whose job is somewhat flexible so he can meet me at our dr appointment this morning (a 4 month well baby visit for Hunter, and a sick Gabe) and help with the boys
  3. having my meals planned for the next several days, and always having enough food - a blessing I take for granted most of the time
  4. my gas fireplace
  5. sharp kitchen knives (I bought a couple of Wustoff knives from Williams Sonoma a few months back and I LOVE them!)
  6. A really pleasant evening last night with Hunter. He was SO happy and content. This was a real blessing because it was hectic with Gabe being sick, throwing up, a blow-out diaper by Hunter - it was nuts. But Hunter was happy and we had a nice little cooing session before he went to bed.
  7. I'm grateful that Gabe enjoys reading. I hope Hunter will catch onto that as well.
  8. I am so grateful to be a mom. I was thinking back to this exact time 3 years ago - before I knew I was pregnant with Gabe. I had really hit a rock bottom as far as depression about not having kids yet. I remember praying and just pleading with Heavenly Father and saying this was it - it was all I could handle. I knew He wouldn't give me anything I couldn't handle - but I was all tapped out. Little did I know that my tears were probably partially due to the fact that I WAS in fact pregnant. I am so grateful for this blessing in our lives, these boys are amazing!
  9. That leads me to my next gratitude. I'm grateful for trials and tribulations that make us stronger. I'm also grateful for a Heavenly Father who knows what will help us become the person He knows we can be.
  10. Kind and encouraging words from a friend or family member. There are times when you just need that extra support and I can always count on someone to offer it.

Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Tiffany B said...

I'm so glad too that you are a Mom now. What cute boys and they are so lucky to have you for a mother.

Liz said...

He bought bathroom rugs without being asked?! Maybe Cory should start teaching seminars to married men who want really happy wives. :) I'm serious! You are always talking about the sweet things he does that my husband would never think of! He could make a fortune traveling the country teaching really unperceptive men what they should be doing. Think about the possibilities!