- Just because I am thrilled about my brand new camera (Nikon D90 - it ROCKS!) doesn't mean that my little boys will be even nearly as excited as I am. My excitement in no way communicates to them that they must let me take adorable pictures....(any tips for perfect pictures of my boys? These pictures are right out of the camera without any editing. It's a pretty awesome camera!)
- The idea of "velcro with adhesive" might have sounded like a quick and easy idea when I put the wooden letters G-A-B-E up in the nursery 3 years ago....but the idea wasn't so bright when I went to take the letters down (because it has been Hunter's room for almost 14 months now...I decided to take the G-A-B-E letters off today.) I took of CHUNKS of the wall - it looks horrible. Let's just hope in a couple years when I get around to making wood letters, or vinyl letters for Hunter that it will cover up the mess I've created. So to save you all from a similar mess - don't use velcro with adhesive on anything that will need to take it off of! And if you do - have something handy to cover it up with or your husband might say, "I remember I told you it wasn't a great idea when you did it...."
- As we grow up we need to rely on "simple pleasures" in life. For instance I got VERY excited about my new hand vac I needed this week. It sure has made my life easier. If you'd told me 15 years ago that I'd be super excited to use my new vacuum I would have laughed you out of the room - but it sure has made my life simpler!
- Happy mail can change how we view things on a frustrating afternoon. I got a sweet package from a friend yesterday (THANKS HILARY) because I won a contest on her blog. So cute, and I loved it! (however - another lesson I learned was if there is chocolate in the house I will eat it....unfortunately this is a lesson I have learned MANY times in life.) If I were just independently wealthy and had all the time in the world to go shopping - I would spend my day putting together random fun mail to send people - every day. Things that were just FUN. Not necessities, just fun things I found for people I love. I would love to just be known for giving fun, happy, gifts - just for the fun of it.
- Wind-swept hair isn't always fun - in fact I generally think it's a pain in the rump...however if it is the result of a fun impromptu ranger ride with my favorite 3 little boys (Gabe, Hunter and Gabe's best friend Noah) - it's totally worth it!
- Apparently we love stripes at our house. Today I put away some laundry from this week. I had 21 shirts for the 2 boys. 16 of those shirts were striped....we need some kind of a stripe-intervention I think!
- Lastly - I learned that if Hunter is fussing while I'm making lunch, and just keep fussing that it doesn't necessarily just mean that he's tired and needs his nap. There is a chance that he's gotten into the toy-bin and the lid has shut on his hand....just because he's not SCREAMING - but just fussing loudly doesn't mean everything is ok....
Friday, September 19, 2008
Things I've learned....
at 7:43 PM