Friday, August 17, 2007

2 week update

These pictures make me laugh. Since Hunter was born I've tried many times to get a cute picture of Gabe kissing Hunter on the top of the head. I've tried everything....Last night these are what we came up with. Pretty pathetic huh? The 3rd one is my favorite because as I took the picture Gabe said in this squeaky, tiny voice, "Teeny, tiny ears. Ohhhhh..." It was hilarious...But I think I'm giving up trying to get a good kissy brother picture for now.




I took Hunter to the dr today for his 2 week visit. He's growing like a champ and has hit 7 lb 7 oz. And it looks like either the measurement they took at the hospital when he was born was either wrong, or he's grown almost 2 inches in 2 weeks. (They said he was 19 inches at birth, and he measured 20 3/4 inches today). I'm thinking he wasn't quite stretched out when they measured him at birth. And his umbilical cord stump fell off today too. (Like you really needed to know that.....)


But other than that he is looking great.


The rest of us on the other hand....It looks Cory and I have come down with some kind of flu or something. We are both so achey and crummy feeling; nausea, headaches - the "gunk". I had things to get done on my 'list' (which by the way has really worked, and helped me get a lot done this week) this afternoon - but instead I curled up in the recliner with Hunter and took a rest - it was great. Good thing my to-do list is somewhat flexible huh?


So tonight I'm planning on making something simple for dinner, having us all get in our jammies, and having a family movie night. I'm hoping to persuade Cory and Gabe to watch "High School Musical 2" on the Disney Channel with me...but we might be watching something animated of Gabe's choice. We'll see. Either way, I hope we get to bed early and sleep well - all of us!


And speaking of dinner, I'm proud to announce that I've made a healthy, well-balanced meal every night for the last 5 nights, and I have meals planned and shopped for through next weekend. It feels good.


Gabe and I even made zuchinni bread one afternoon (he loved dumping the sugar in), and homemade oreo cookies yesterday afternoon (and he helped a TON with the cookies - and loved it all). I think he'll be wanting to help a lot in the kitchen now that I whet his appetite for it.


Well everyone, have a great weekend and here's hoping you stay healthy and don't get this 'gunk' that we've got!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What sweet pictures Joanna. I love the one of Gabe measuring Hunter's ear. Soooo cute. I think Hunter looks a lot like Gabe did as a baby. Good looking little boys. Love you all. Love, Grandma W.

Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

I just laughed so much at that picture of him checking out Hunter's ear. HOW FUNNY. Keep those pictures coming - there can't be too many!!!! I'm glad he is growing so fast. Love, Aunt Charlotte

andrea said...

Oh my gosh Joanna...two little boys?!? How fun! These pictures are so sweet...and so true to real life, LOL. You are in for such a treat. My boys are 23 months apart and at almost 4 and almost 6 are inseparable. I am so grateful that they will always have each other. Congratulations! Sounds like you are adjusting wonderfully!

Anonymous said...

I swear, that third picture has got to be better than any kissy brother picture you could have gotten!!! SOOOO cute! :o)

Anonymous said...

I think you are adjusting quite nicely, too, Joanna! I love the bottom pic of Gabe touching Hunter's ears! Cute layout of your family, too. Love Tammy