Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Promised Pictures

So here we have some pictures.

(And I apologize for the screwy spacing. For some reason Blogger won't let me put spaces between my paragraph - so it all ends up in one run on giant paragraph. So I'm trying these little line thingy's.... And now I'm realizing that the pictures aren't in the right order either - but I'm leaving them. Sorry - you'll have to just look at the pictures yourself and figure out which ones I'm talking about)
----------
The first collage shows the birthday "train" that we borrowed to take the kids on rides. We hooked it to the Ranger and they took a couple of laps. The kids loved it! (Oh - and we had Gabe blow out his candles on the cake in the Ranger....except the wind beat him to it. We told him to look like he was blowing for the picture - and he did a great job!)
----------
The second pictures shows a pathetic picture of our decorations. The theme was construction/builder. The kids all had hard-hats with their names on them, there were construction cones, black and gold balloons, construction themed pin the tail on game, and a Bob the Builder cake. We were going to it all outside, and we were going to have more decor, more games and activities, but with the change to it inside I started freaking out and didn't have time to get the inside decorated the same as I had planned. Oh well. It went well though to have it inside - and we didn't even have any cake or pizza emergencies - which was a relief. We had 28 people attend, and I sadly didn't get a picture of all of us :(. And I left out a picture of all 1 kids. I'll need to do that later.....One of the highlights of the party was that Cory's Mom "Grandma Tammy" came down for a QUICK trip for the party. She brought our oldest nephew Logan with her as a driving buddy and it was great to see them! (THANKS you guys for making the effort!)
----------
(And even though my day Monday was a doozie - long story - and the weather was crummy causing a change in plans - I think I handled it relatively well. I didn't cry or yell at the party - and that in and of itself was a mini-miracle. I'm grateful that I had a bunch of answered prayers!)
----------
The next pictures are of Hunter opening his birthday gifts on his actual birthday. What a cheesey little guy! But I love him to pieces. I can't even believe that he's a year old now. I will devote a whole post to him being one when I get a chance (hopefully before he's two...). He loved opening the presents, and we just kind of did it all through the day. That way he (and his older brother) could play with the toy we'd just opened and enjoy it before opening another one. Hunter got some fun toys (thanks grandparents!) and Cory and I bought him a wagon that we can take the boys around in. So far they enjoy it.
----------
Last pictures - Hunter and his own little cake. Ok - did you know that if you are buying a cake from a bakery, and you tell them that it's for a one year old's birthday that supposedly ALL bakeries will throw in a small (matching) cake for the baby for FREE????? Apparently Cory and I are the last people on the planet that know this and unfortunately we didn't hear about it until the party. Bummer. But on Saturday - Hunter's actual birthday - we had a chocolate cake for Hunter to dig in to (1 year old tradition). He loved it. He didn't even try throwing it like Gabe did when he was one (and like he did with his piece of Hunter's cake this year too...) and ate a LOT of it! He did share with the dogs a little bit - but for the most part he was all business with his cake.
----------
Well I'll save the "I can't believe my babies are growing up so fast" saga for a future post. I'm ina pretty great mood today and I think that if I dwell on that too much I'll ruin my cheerful disposition.
----------
So Happy Birthday to my boys - I love you more than you will know (until you have babies of your own someday...) Thanks for changing my life, wearing me out, and giving me loves. Thanks for worrying about me, for making sure I'm happy, for giving me "zurburts", making me sing songs for you to go to sleep, pulling my hair, wiping your goobers on me, and telling me you love me. You are the joy in my life, and a true amazing miracle to me. Thanks for putting up with me despite my failings as a mother, and thanks for that childlike forgiveness when I mess up. I LOVE YOU BOTH!











Oh - lastly - you can find these frames at this digital scrapping site - Shabby Miss Jenn. I thought they were pretty cute.

3 comments:

Ashley Mullen said...

Very cute Joanna! I love the picture of Hunter and his big smile. Once he gets his top teeth, he will have a super good smile. I love it. Give my boys hugs and kisses

Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

that train looks soooooooo fun. i can only imagine all the stress of having 2 birthdays and company and everything. I would have been melting down all over the place. good job on getting thru it all.

we're thinking of weight watchers, too. you're a great inspiration to us to try it. LOVE YOU, Aunt Charlotte

Anonymous said...

What fun birthday pics.Wish I was there. Love grandma Marilyn