Sunday, July 29, 2007

No baby yet

No baby yet.

But I DID go to church wearing flip flops (the beach kind - not the nice leather looking ones - none of them would fit on my swollen feet). As I walked into church I looked in a window and saw myself walking in with these horrible sandals on and I felt really silly. But hey - I was there, I was listening, and no one even made mean pregnancy comments that made me cry.

In fact - a couple of my girls in young womens came up to me and said, "We're so excited - you have less than a month till the baby comes!" I said, "Oh girls - I have less than a week - I'm due on Thursday!"

Then after church one of the cute 13 year old girls came up and so sweetly said, "If you don't have any family coming on Thursday I will clear my schedule so that if your water breaks I can come take care of Gabe and you can make it to the hospital." I love the fact that I not only have great family to take care of me, great friends - but even my sweet young women. It's a relief to know I have some great back up.

Speaking of great back up - I have a pretty great sister-in-law (well who am I kidding - I have fabulous family all around) - who has been watching Gabe all weekend. Ashley and the family invited Gabe up to Eagle Mountain to spend time with cousins and the rest of the family. I met Ashley 1/2 way on Friday, and we'll go meet up with her on Tuesday to pick him up. They have had fun celebrating birthdays, playing with cousins, swimming at Raging Waters, loving on Grandma and Grandpa, Coby, Chase, Kori, Ashley, Spencer and all the kids. Ashley said he's having a blast, and from talking to him last night on the phone - he doesn't miss us much at all.

So I've gotten to sleep in, relax, watch some movies and enjoy some time with Cory. I haven't worked on a lot of stuff - but I've been saving up some energy just in case I ever do go into labor with this baby - I can do it without being EXHAUSTED.

So thanks for all who are such great supports in our life - we are truly blessed!

(Oh - tonight is a full moon - so if that myth has any credibility maybe we'll luck out....And my doctor is back in town as of tomorrow morning, so I could maybe even deliver with him. So send all of your labor vibes - let's get this baby here!)

6 comments:

Holly Child said...

Oh...good luck!!! :o) My daughter's birthday is Thursday...so August 2nd ain't half bad! ;o) But I'll be sending labor thoughts your way!

Liz said...

My baby vibes are definitely going your way! I hope he comes soon, I hope he comes safely, and I hope everything goes as well as possible! I am so excited to hear about him and see his cutie pictures!

Kim and Tammy said...

Well Joanna you do have great family all around you and we think your side is pretty great, too. I can't tell you enough what peace I felt coming from little Gabe staying in the Mullen home. He is so comfortable and fully knows when Lincoln and Lexie wants to cuddle him. He lets them know he's a BIG boy now and he just wants to play and do all the silly things they do. I brought rasberries up Friday night and he kept saying, "More berries, Grandma, more!! I wish I could send some home for him. Our weekend was fabulous. You and Cory enjoy this time together before the baby comes.
Love always,
Tammy

Anonymous said...

Joanna, you are in my prayers. Of course, the baby will come when it comes, whenever that is. But I know you must be so past ready to move on to the next stage. . . All our love, Sandra

Rachel Clare said...

I'm SO sending you water-breaking vibes. Ugg- this time is so uncomfortable! Good luck, and let us all know!!

Ashley Mullen said...

WE have loved having Gabe here. He is such a joy, adn so good with Linzy too. I have to agree with you on the family part too. We do have a great family, and your family too. We love you and thanks for letting Gabe come up. It has been a blast.