Sunday, July 15, 2007

Gabe's haircut





The most traumatic and frustrating experiences I have had with Gabe have been involving his last couple of haircuts. I've had my friend Lynette cut his hair and we've tried everything to get him to sit still, and to let her cut his hair with the clippers. But he freaks out, it takes hours, and we get nowhere. He gets a little trim (with scissors) and I hate it. I've told Cory how hard it's been and he has thought I'm nuts - how hard can it be?

So on my birthday Cory had tried to make his schedule work out so he could take Gabe to get a haircut for me. It didn't work out, but I kept reminding Cory that it was part of my birthday present, and I wanted him to still get Gabe's haircut. So on Friday Cory had me bring Gabe into town and get it cut. And get this - Gabe was prefectly fine! They used the clippers, it's nice and short, and the only thing that upset Gabe was when his sucker got hair on it.

When I went to pick Gabe up I could tell that Cory thought I had been exaggerating about how hard it had been - because Gabe didn't have any troubles with him.

So offically - Cory is in charge of all boy haircuts from now on! (whew - I'm kind of relieved)

And here's how cute Gabe looks with his freshly cut hair. I am aways so surprised how much older he looks when we get his hair cut - he's quite the little BOY now!

5 comments:

Ashley Mullen said...

I love the haircut. Sounds like Gabe has things all figured out. Love you.

Anonymous said...

Well it makes sense to me--going downtown with Dad to get his haircut at the barbers is a grownup guy thing--having Mom's friend cut your hair is just annoying.

He is so cute, as always. Love you, Sandra

Liz said...

Oh my goodness- what a HANDSOME little guy! He is so dang cute! I totally agree with something you posted on my blog a while ago... Rhien gals make cute cute kids! :) He is seriously a knockout. And how exciting for you that you don't have to do haircuts anymore!

Chase said...

Oh he is too cute! I love his facial expressions... he has so much personality!

Kim and Tammy said...

You always have the cutest pics of little Gabe! I do believe Joanna, Cory and Chase have a natural knack with children! You girls are so blessed with these wonderful qualities they both possess. It is so natural with them. Gabe is really growing up fast and when the baby comes, he wll even grow up faster.
Love always,
Grandma Tammy