Sunday, July 08, 2007

It's so sad!

I don't know how many of you know about the fires that are consuming Utah, but it is so sad, and heartbreaking to see our state literally going up in smoke. Check out this news story about the wildfire that is not really all that far from us:

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=1450723

Can you believe 442 square miles burned?!?! This fire is less than 1/2 way between us and Salt Lake. It's right in the area we drive through to get to see family in Utah and Salt Lake counties. It just makes me sad and sickened to know how close it is, and how scary it is for those it will affect.

Please keep these people, families, animals and land in your prayers. This record breaking (shattering) fire will affect so many!

6 comments:

jed-laura said...

wow- and we float away in floods.

The other day I almost stalled our car as I got caught in a small flood of sorts... on a freeway off-ramp.

And all the West seems to be drying up completely.
Wierd stuff. I think I should stop complaining about all the rain we've had. The concern of too much rain seems a petty concern when faced with the drought conditions you have!

-Jed

The Rhiens said...

Whoa! That's a pretty incredible, mind-boggling fire! Our skies are actually super hazy and smoky, and there aren't any fires burning around here...it's from the fires burning throughout the west. Hope they get this one under control soon!

Mom

Anonymous said...

i heard about those! very scary!!

Liz said...

Joanna-
Thanks for the comment! You can never hear that you look great too many times (especially when you're still sporting an extra 30 pounds!) The best part about that bottom picture is the huge spit-up/drool spot on my shoulder. :)
I got the blessing outfit at BabiesRUs and I love it. I'm with you- know fluffy tuxedo gowns for baby boys! It is a "Wendy Bellisimo" or something like that- just white seersucker overalls with a white t-shirt underneath. And the best part? Only twenty bucks! I'd highly recommend it.
You are getting so so close! Best of luck on these last few weeks of pregnancy! I know it's the total bummer part- but at least the reward at the end is wonderful. I can't wait to see pictures of him!
Love
Liz

Paul and Nicole Rhien said...

yup... unfortunately, it is that time of the year.
hopefullly we can get a break from the heat with some rain!

We check your blog often, but don't always comment. Hope you're hanging in there so pregnant and it being so hot. We're rooting for you!

love - Paul Nicole & Taylor

MaryRuth said...

It's so sad... I saw a bunch of it when i was there last week and it made me so sad!

We'll send you rain... we're on our fourth week of straight rainstorms... our lake is about to bust and flood our town.

I'm missing see your scrapbook pages! LOL! not like you don't have anything going on and can't just sit and scrap so that I can see your pages :)