Monday, January 07, 2008

Random Ramblings

It seems like it's been a bit since I've blogged about anything of importance. Mostly because nothing has been happening, and I didn't want my posts to be filled with, "And my sweet 2 year old isn't always so sweet, and is making my head hurt". It's been a rough couple of days/weeks with the boys having colds, Gabe being 2, and me being grumpy from the post-holiday let down. Oh - add crummy weather - and it's just been kind of a downer. But things are looking up today! So here you get some ramblings from me:
  • Can you believe how grown up Gabe looks in these pictures!!???!! I can't believe it! The first picture especially. It's so surprising what a little BOY he's becoming!
  • Today I set my alarm for 6:30 am (which might not sound early to most of you - but for me it's was the CRACK of dawn!). I got up without pressing snooze (because I don't know how to use the snooze button on my new alarm clock). I put on my exercise shoes and exercised! YAY! We bought a new treadmill on Saturday and I am happy to say that it does the trick - it got me out of bed, moving, and feeling better most of the morning. I only went for 1/2 hour, but I did some crunches and stuff after and I feel so much better. It felt better to move, better to do something productive to start my day, and has made me want to watch what I eat because I don't want to waste the fact that I got up early on eating garbage food. So here's to hoping that I can keep that up all week. I want to workout 5 days a week Monday-Friday. I'll post from time to time to say how I'm doing on that.
  • Gabe is in LOVE with his GeoTrax sets he got for Christmas (Thanks Mom & Dad and Grandma & Grandpa Whisler!) He is constantly wanting Cory and I to go downstairs and play with him. He's decided who gets what train, and has informed me that when he gets the fire-fighter train he wants I can have the yellow one. Cory has enjoyed it just as much I think and can spend hours putting together new configurations of tracks. In fact we had to buy some extra track on Saturday because Cory was getting frustrated and wanted to make more stuff :).
  • We now have 1:00 church....now if that's not a reason to become in active - I don't know what is :). (I'm totally kidding!) Both boys nap from 2-4(or 5:30!) every single day - so Sunday's are going to be an adventure. Hunter didn't take his morning nap yesterday either, so by the time we got home from church at 4:00 he had only slept for 10 minutes. Not enough! But the good thing was that Gabe was in bed and asleep by 7:30 _ something unheard of at our house.
  • I just barely put my hair in a ponytail, and it's 3:00 in the afternoon! Ok - that probably doesn't sound like a very big deal - but for me it is! I end up with my hair pulled up at some point EVERY day. Lately, since I desperately need a haircut, I haven't even bothered leaving it down. I blow it dry, and pull it up right away. So the fact that I lasted until 3:00 - that is an accomplishment! I'm hoping to get my hair cut this week - and I'm thinking short. It's been about 2 years since I've cut it short - so it's about time. I need to accept the fact that I simply don't like my hair long! (and it's super damaged right now)
  • Gabe has really been developing his imagination lately - I LOVE it! Today he kept wanting me to sing "Happy Birthday" so we could celebrate our birthdays. Then he made a "cake" out of these stuffed letters we have and we all had to eat it. He made different kinds for me, for Hunter, and for himself. I got German Chocolate (YUM!), Hunter's was strawberry and Gabe's was white. He also gave each of us a letter that we had to use as our hat - and we HAD to keep it on through our party. Then today when we were eating lunch I told him to eat his banana. He said, "Mom - it's not a banana - it's Thomas the train!" He was just offended that I thought it was a banana. But it's funny to see what he comes up with. He definitely keeps me laughing.
  • Right after the train incident he said, "Mom - Aunt Kori fell down." I asked him when and why? He said, "Her and Chase were dancing and spinning. She fell down on the ground." I'm not quite sure when that happened - but he was pretty concerned that Aunt Kori was hurt when she fell. (Are you ok Kori?) I love watching him talk about family members - wanting to call his Grammas every day, wanting to make pictures for aunts and uncles, wanting to see videos of cousins on the web - he loves our extended family - even if they live far away. I love that. He also was chattering away during lunch and I turned around and he had a pretend phone he was talking to Aunt Julia on. I said, "Gabe - what are you talking on - I don't see a phone". He said, "Mom - it's a CELL phone" Oh - duh....what was I thinking!?!
  • We ended up with about a foot of snow last night. It is really pretty for the time being. I don't particularly enjoy when it gets all slushy and dirty _ but the clean white snow is sure pretty right now! We sure need the moisture, so we're happy when we get it. They were reporting at the end of December that Utah had gotten over 200% of normal precipitation amounts for the month of December. That's great! I hope it keeps up and that people don't have flooding problems because of it.
  • When Cory and I were first married and living in Rexburg I loved serving Kool-Aid with our meals. I think it was because we almost always had milk with meals growing up and since I was in charge now - I served Kool-Aid. Anyway, we LOVED this flavor called, "Oh-Yeah! Orange Pineapple". It was delicious and a definite favorite. Well one day when I went to buy it I couldn't find it at the store - anywhere. I was devastated. I even called and wrote to the Kool-Aid company to ask where I could buy some and why I couldn't find it. (Cory thought I was such a nerd). But they said it was discontinued and to watch to see if it came back eventually. Nine years later - it still hasn't made it's appearance. And I do check most of the times I pass the Kool Aid displays at the store. However - last week I was getting some Crystal Light (since I don't drink Kool-Aid anymore) and guess what they had? Orange Pineapple flavor. I bought it - hoping it would be similar. Guess what? Almost EXACTLY the same - it's delicious! So I'm enjoying a great big glass of it right now. No calories and TASTY!
  • I got an email on Saturday saying that Gabe's "Mater Copter" is finally on it's way. I ordered it a month ago, but it was back-ordered. So even though Santa didn't bring it, I think he'll be excited to get it later this week. I'm hoping he is anyway.
Ok - totally random and rambling post. Sorry....Like I said - my life has not been very exciting lately. Have a great week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh about the Kool-Aid part because I LOVED Kickin' Kiwi-Lime and it was also discontinued. I kept looking for it at discount grocery stores and gas station marts, but never actually called the company (great idea - you're I'd never think you're a nerd!) I just keep checking the shelves, longing for it to come back! I'll have to check, maybe Crystal Light will come through for me, too!

The Rhiens said...

This was a fun post to read. I love to hear your ramblings. You always write like we're just sitting down chatting at the dinner table, or something.

I love the new pics of the boys. You're right...Gabe looks more and more like a little boy and less and less like a toddler. Thanks for taking the time to share.

Love, Mom

Chase said...

I agree with your mom - very fun posts. I love hearing about your little family! And, no worries, I am staying firmly on two feet (though falling is a worry these days with the ice and all). I am glad that Gabe thinks of me and Chase as a dancing couple - it makes me happy.
Love you all