Monday, January 07, 2008

Hunter - 5 months old!

(WARNING: If you get sick of hearing how my boys are growing up too fast, and get bored of monthly posts of Hunter 'growing up before our eyes' - ignore this post. Or - you can probably go back to the 4 month post and just insert 5 instead of 4 - and call it good)


On Wednesday Hunter hit the 5 month mark. I can't believe it! 5 months is moving right along and he's growing right up! Here are some things happening with Hunter right now:

  • This month he's definitely found his voice. He loves to sing - sometimes to the point of embarrassment (but I still love it). He loves to squeal and my favorite is when we get him belly laughing when we tickle him. I have gotten my camera out several times to record his squeals of excitement only for him to become completely silent the instant he sees the camera. So I hope to catch it at some point.
  • He's rolling over more and more. He is pretty content on his back - but if I put him on his stomach he rolls right over. He also wiggles around in the funniest ways. I never know how/where I'll find him if I leave him on a blanket and leave the room. Unfortunately that even includes his swing. He arches his back so much that he has been hanging out on one side of the swing. - a Today he started screaming and I ran to the swing and he was almost hanging out of it and totally uncomfortable. That is a total bummer because now I'm afraid of putting him in the swing. I need to see if it has some other settings to work better for him.
  • MOUTH - My goodness - I don't remember Gabe putting so many things in his mouth. In fact, more than once Cory and I commented about how Gabe wasn't really an oral baby as much as some that we knew. Hunter on the other hand has to have something in his mouth at all times. His favorite thing is to chew on our hands - and he has a bite (yikes!) I think he might be starting to teethe, but I remember saying that with Gabe long before it actually happened - so I'm not making any predictions. Anyway - Hunter's need for something in his mouth is still not pacified by a binky - which is a bummer.
  • Hunter is sleeping pretty good...he gets up one to two times a night, wants to eat and goes right back to sleep. Most of the time I sleep through the whole experience and stumble back to bed. Sometimes I even just end up sleeping for a bit in the chair in his room and wake up with a kink in my neck. But he's pretty good about not wanting to get up and 'play' at night, and that's a blessing!
  • Hunter's poor hair is looking sad...he has a bald spot on the back (Gabe never did) - and the rest of his hair sticks out on all ends of his head and most of the time looks like a bad comb-over. It's really fine hair and has cowlicks all over just like his big brother.
  • Speaking of his big brother - Hunter is a lot bigger than Gabe was I think (I need to go back and see how big Gabe was). But Hunter is out-growing clothes right now that Gabe didn't start to wear until the end of February....so we'll see how they compare as they grow up.
There you have it - Hunter at 5 months. I can't believe that next month he'll be 1/2 of a year old - that is crazy and I can't believe how fast it's all going!

1 comment:

Todd said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.