Monday, January 07, 2008

1st food

Since Hunter has been sticking everything in sight into his mouth lately we decided maybe it was time to start introducing solid foods. So tonight - January 7th was Hunter's first experience with rice cereal.

This is a bittersweet time for me. On one hand it's great to have something other than nursing to give him nourishment. It's nice to know if I have to be gone Cory can try to feed him (at least once he gets a hang of food). But on the flipside it's just the beginning of him becoming more and more independent. At least when he just nurses I have a little more of a connection - he needs ME. I know at times I get frustrated by my kids needing just me - but there is also something special about that. Does this make sense? I guess I just hate the idea of them growing up so fast, and knowing that soon he won't need me at all anymore. A sad day that will be.....

Well since I have already posted 3 other times today I think I'll wait to post pictures until later. But they will be coming soon.

1 comment:

Liz said...

I'm with you- it is kinda sad! But so cute, too! I hope you get some good mushy-food-all-over-the-face-and-loving
-it pictures!