We had really wanted to get out and do something in the outdoors this weekend, but Saturday there was a lot of crummy wind and rain. Monday we went back and forth about whether or not it would be worth it, but decided to take the plunge. There is a place towards Bryce Canyon that we have wanted to take a bike ride to for several years now - called Red Canyon. In fact, we went there a couple of years ago and had bad weather and a sick baby (Gabe) and had to come home without riding.
Well yesterday by the time we got to the trail (it's a nice paved trail) the weather was looking pretty iffy. So we decided to drive a ways further to Ruby's Inn, have a snack and wait out the rain. On the way back to the trail it wasn't looking too promising, but we decided that if I dropped them all off at the top of the trail, and they went down-hill most of the way - that even if it rained they wouldn't be exposed for too long. I was a bit sad that I didn't get to enjoy the fresh air with them, but it was better than us all getting stuck in the rain - which is what would have happened if we tried going round-trip. The boys had fun, I had a few minutes to enjoy the scenery, and Cory had a good time too.
I highly reccomend stopping at the Red Canyon area if you're on your way to Bryce Canyon - I think it's such a pretty place. It looks a lot like Bryce - but just a short little stretch of the red rocks. There are even a couple of little tunnels to drive through (ok - more like arches). We'll hopefully make it back again sometime this summer.