For some reason a post with an awesome number like that needs to be important - not about how your son put his poop in the 'little toilet' this morning so that he could have a rolo (you notice that I didn't say that my son POOPED in the toilet, but rather put his pooh in there....yeah, he was pretty sure if he emptied it from his pull-up into the toilet that he would still earn a Rolo...and he's funny because he always says, "I'm going to pee for an M-n-M", or "Mom, you should poop for a Rolo.")
For some reason post #500 should be important, full of wisdom, insight, wise or at least full of beautiful thoughts about how much I love my spouse, or love my children.
However, I'm out of those kinds of posts (that is assuming that I have had at least one post in the past full of wisdom....). Right now I'm pooped (pun intended), tired, and just tuckered out. Potty-training your 2 year old while your almost-10-month-old is teething is exhausting. Having said 2-year old not take naps all week is tiring too!
And so since I have no fabulous things to write about tonight, I'm going to share with you five blogs that I enjoy (sorry - 5 is going to have to do ya - I might be a blog lover - but I do not have 500 blogs I visit).
- Scrapping with Ikea Goddess - This blog lists free kits, templates, and other scrapping goodies - every day! Some I like, some I love, some I am not a fan of - but they're all free, and it's great to check it and find some neat goodies. I've found some of my favorite digital scrapbooking sites through here.
- The Lawsons Do Dallas - Ok, if you don't enjoy potty humor - skip this blog. But if you need a laugh - a really good laugh - this is where to find it. Her blog cracks me up!!! I am often saving posts to read to Cory (because we all know he enjoys potty-humor with the best of the bunch!).
- (No) Sex and the city - This blog makes me kind of wish for a second that I was single, talented, living a fancy-schmancy live in New York. This cute gal just lives such a fun life - and is always meeting celebrities and doing amazing New York City things!
- The Poineer Woman - I just came across this blog recently. Check out her recipes - HOLY COW! These look so amazing, but I'm pretty sure I have gained at least 20 lbs just looking at the pictures and all the butter she uses...
- My Crazy Life - I met Sherelle through the scrapbooking world several years ago. Not only does she AMAZE me with her scrapbooking/crafting abilities, but more than anything I am inspired by her as a mom. One of the main reasons is that she has 4 small children and still manages to appear to be totally on top of things. Her kids are adoreable, her house is beautiful, photography - amazing. And the #1 reason - her kids always look happy and like they are having the time of their lives in the pictures she takes. And most of the time it involves them being covered head-to-toe with dirt. They look like they have a blast.
So there you have it. Here's to blogs, cherishing memories, and hopefully being able to remember at least a snippet of the things that happen in this blur that is called life.