Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

I wanted to send a BIG shout out to all of the mothers in my life. The mom who raised me, the mother-in-law who accepted me, and the grandmothers that love me. But even more than that - the moms who inspire me. The women and mothers who love my children. The women in the world who are compassionate towards others, who show service towards our family. Happy Mother's Day to the women who long to have children, who are mothers simply because they have the desire to be, and because *someday* they will get to mother children and share that immense love. And a happy mothers day to mothers who I look up to because of their patience, their creativity, their testimonies. Happy Mother's Day to women who have taught me how to be a mother - young women leaders I watched as a youth who were such amazing examples. Women who I silently watch at the grocery store, or the park who are spending precious teaching time with their children. Women who have time, love, and energy left over after mothering their own children to also take in other children to love. You all inspire me to be a better woman and mother.

Happy Mother's Day to all who mother, who want to mother, and who are blessed by a women or mother's love. It's a pretty awesome day to pay tribute to those women in our lives.

1 comment:

The Rhiens said...

Thanks! I hope that your day was a good one, too.

Love, Mom