Monday, May 05, 2008

For the record...

Just wanted to jot down a few things so I didn't forget:
  • Hunter has found his voice! At our well-baby visit with the dr last week she asked if Hunter makes babbling sounds like ma-ma and da-da (though not necessarily directed towards us - just the sounds). I said, "Yeah...I think..." Then I came home and asked Cory if he thought Hunter was making those sounds. He said, "Yeah....I think..." Well yesterday and today Hunter decided to prove to us that he IS talking. WOW! He hasn't stopped singing, talking, and cheering. Last night we told Gabe to teach Hunter how to say his name. Hunter kept saying, "Ga-Ga-Ga!" It looks like Gabe might be one of Hunter's first words. He also said many other combinations of sounds and sounded like he was singing several times today.
  • Hunter has also started clapping. He had been clapping his legs up to this point, but yesterday and today he's been clapping and cheering. I'll say "YAY Hunter!" And he'll squeal with delight and clap his hands together. He looks so proud of himself when he does it - and I don't blame him - I'm proud of him too!
  • Tonight when we were having family home evening we read a story about Abinidi and Alma. Gabe got really upset and yelled at us that it wasn't "ALMA" - but "ELMO". Anytime I would say anything about Alma he would correct me and tell me it was "ELMO!" We've been watching a little too much public television....
  • Gabe has been on-one today - getting into trouble. He spent a good part of the day getting in trouble - throwing spaghettio's, yelling, pushing his brother, hitting me, throwing food, etc, etc, etc. That little kid has pushed all of my buttons today.
  • The other day we were playing with a sticker book, and the page we were working on was putting things in Elmo's backpack. Afterwards I said to Gabe, "So when you go to school - what are you going to put in your backpack?" He didn't even hesitate and said, "My guns!" Luckily he was talking about foam-dart guns and water-guns, but it was a little scary to think those were the first things he wanted to take to school. I'm praying we don't have a similar discussion at any point in his school career!

1 comment:

The Rhiens said...

How fun that Hunter has found his voice! :)

Gramma Rhien