Tuesday, May 06, 2008

American Idol chatter

I've been sucked in this season, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Funny thing though - Hunter loves it too - or so he expressed to me tonight when I was trying to get him to sleep. We were watching the performances for tonight as I *tried* to get him to sleep (check the last post) and he had the hardest time concentrating, or falling asleep. During a couple of the performances he got really excited, started *singing* along, and when the audience cheered - Hunter clapped along and yelled out his support. It was a riot! (but then he calmed down and fell asleep)

And know what - Hunter has good taste. He LOVED David Archuleta - and I do too! I think week after week David Archuleta brings such amazing talent! And combine his talent with the fact that he is only 17 years old (and from UTAH!) - that makes him even more of an amazing contestant. So VOTE for him!!! (1-866-436-5704 OR 1-866-436-5708) I'm trying to figure out how I could somehow attend his party at his high school this weekend....(check out this story)

I am also a HUGE fan of David Cook. I haven't really been into rock music for quite a few years now (I laugh to think of some of my favorite music from 1994-1996...Nirvana? Live?) But I really dig his voice. And I LOVED his performance on the week with Andrew Loyd Weber when he sang "Music of the Night".

I've been listening to that, as well as a bunch of other great performances from iTunes this week.

And sadly - I think that Simon had it right when he told Jason Castro to pack his bags - I think his time is up. I really liked him in the beginning. I liked that he was different, and had that Jack Johnson feel to him - but I think he's been pretty lousy the last few weeks. And tonight - HORRIBLE.

So there you have it - my opinions - give or take them. And we'll see where it all ends up. If you're following the show I'd love to hear your opinions!

2 comments:

MaryRuth said...

I'm with you!!! This is by far my favorite season!!!! I love it!!!

but I have to disagree with you... Jason Castro has more than worn out his welcome and should have gone home a looooooong time ago.

I was sad to see Brooke go.

YAY for the David's!!!

The Rhiens said...

I think that it will be a battle of the Davids in the end. And personally, I think that David Cook will win. But, you never know with AI. The best singer doesn't always win.

I agree about Jason. I really liked his mellow style in the beginning. But, I have not enjoyed his singing these past few weeks.

We haven't voted at all this year. Which is crazy for us. Julia and I usually have two phones going and we haven't even picked one up once this year. I have actually watched it more than she has this year.

Who's going home tonight? Jason, I think.

Mom