Sunday, May 25, 2008

and not to forget this little guy...

I don't want anyone to think I'm leaving Hunter out. Here's a little post about this guy.

Right now Hunter has become SOOOO mobile! This little guy is crawling all over - and he's FAST! He isn't on his hands and knees yet, but he kind of drags himself around. But he's getting faster by the moment - and I'm pretty sure he's ok with how it's going. I can tell him to follow me from room to room and he's great about getting himself to where he wants to go. And since he is army-crawling around his poor knees are all red and chapped, and so are his arms where they rub on the floor. It made me feel bad, but it doesn't seem to hurt him.

He also loves to scoot around the kitchen floor on his bum. It's funny to watch - but he can be pretty fast. He likes to do it more on the slick surface of the linoleum that we have in the kitchen.

Hunter officially has 2 teeth - the ones on the bottom. He has discovered biting his spoon when he eats so that it sticks in his mouth, but other than that he's been pretty friendly with these new sharp additions. They're still small, but when they show more I'll be sure to take a picture.

Hunter is quite the eater. Most of the time I have to stop feeding him because I have fed him too much - not because he is done, or he is acting like he doesn't want anymore. Most of the time he would just keep eating and eating. He's pretty great at eating all foods, but isn't a huge fan of tart fruits (like peaches or apricots). Oddly some of his favorites seem to be the green veggies. Lately he seems to want to feed himself more, so we've been trying a few more finger foods. He has enjoyed mini-graham crackers, goldfish crackers, freeze dried fruits, cheerios, and little baby-food puffs. And Gabe has managed to feed him pieces of food from his plate too (and when I got mad he said, "But Mom - I squished the beans up so he wouldn't choke).

And here's for the "bad-mommy moment". Yesterday I had to run some errands with the boys as Cory helped some friends move (he really should go into the moving business - he is a great mover, doesn't seem to mind it, and can be really effective with squeezing things into small spaces. I guess if blinds don't work out it's good to know he has a back-up). Anyway, I drove past an old-fashioned ice cream parlor and asked Gabe what he thought of going in and getting some ice cream. He said, "You mean we could go INSIDE!?!? And take HUNTER!?!?!" I guess we go through too many drive-throughs to get food because he was thrilled to get to go IN and have ice cream at the "ice cream store". I had every intention of leaving Hunter out (I had a 'no ice cream till 1 year old' rule) - but when we were finishing up Hunter just looked so left out. So I gave him a small bite of cookies and cream. He LOVED it! He didn't shutter, didn't appear rattled by the cold feel of the ice cream, but instead he started squealing, clapping, and kicking his legs all over. So I gave him another small bite and had similar results. He really only had a couple of bites - but he loved every taste. So sorry Dad - I guess you don't get to give him his first ice cream.....but I'm sure he'll enjoy future chilly treats equally as much.

It was so cute because Gabe said, "Mom - this is almost like a date!" I told him it was a date, with both of my boys. Then he kept saying (or yelling - as everyone in the ice cream parlor could hear) "Oh thank you Mom for my ice cream date!" or "This ice cream is YUMMY!" It was fun to see both boys full of joy, and all it took was a little bit of time, and some small scoops of ice cream.

Well that's about it with my little guys. Thanks for indulging me in my journal keeping. Have a great week!

5 comments:

Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

One of Blake's first foods was a couple bites of an A&W root beer float. He was so tiny and we had just moved to Salt Lake City and it was like 110 degrees out and he was soooooooo hot (as were we) so we gave him a taste and it took. I think it is probably one of favorite foods to this day.

There used to be an ice cream store in Medford - on the way home from church. And sometimes, we would stop and get a cone - it was so yummy - and yes it was breaking the Sabbath, but if I remember correctly, it was all mormons in the store when we were there. ahahah Love, Aunt Charlotte

Kristi said...

He is looking so much like Gabe! Your boys are so handsome, and growing so fast.

Anonymous said...

too cute!! love how good Gabe is with Hunter! :)

Tiffany B said...

Just gettin caught up on my blog reading. your blog is always fun to visit with so many cute photos and of course I always love your layouts. Looks like you enjoyed your trip up to Idaho. I know how busy it can be with so much family to visit, still I wish we could have seen you. Life is just too busy but hey what would we do if we were bored? have a super day girl!

jed-laura said...

Mmmmm Ice Cream!

I think I ate WAY too much ice cream this weekend!

It was nice.

-Jed