- I went to this movie last night. LOVED it! I laughed so hard - and it was (generally) very clean humor. Not something you find all the time now-days. I loved how funny Steve Carrel was - he cracked me up!
- When I was walking into the movie theater I felt water running down my leg. I realized that my large (32 oz) water bottle was leaking in my purse, and pouring out the bottom. So I trailed a stream of water into the theater and soaked myself. Slightly embarrassing - drip....drip.....drip.
- When we met up with Gabe at the family reunion this weekend (he'd been at my mother-in-law's house for the previous week with his cousins) I asked him what he missed the most. He came over to me, grabbed my cheeks and said, "Oh Mom - the kisses!" and gave me a great big kiss. (ahhh....my melting heart)
- We did a little skit at our family reunion about some of our ancestors. There was this cute little cowboy/western outfit that was just about Gabe's size - so he was assigned to be Brigham Young in our skit. He went on stage and said, "This is the place." The next day he wanted to play this little trivia game (which was too old for him, but he was insistent). I asked him some questions about the great state of Utah - trying to prove my point that the game was too old for him. One of the questions was something to the effect of, "Which Mormon leader came to Utah in 1847 and said, "This is the place." Gabe looked at me with all seriousness and said, "I did Mom. That's what I said. See - I know these answers!" I guess he was right...he was Brigham Young.
- Hunter was fussing and crying when we were camping this weekend. Gabe came up to us and said, "Oh Hunter - what are you whining about now?"
- Today Gabe went to play at some friend's house while I ran a couple of errands. I asked him if he played with their new kitties. He said, "Oh mom I didn't. They just made me too nervous."
- It is funny how many new babies have been born in Cory's family this past year. At the reunion alone there were 8 at the reunion this past weekend - and there were quite a few more that didn't make it.
- I found this sunscreen recently and I am in love with it! I generally hate sunscreen because of the yucky smell - but with this stuff it smells like you're wearing some yummy lotion from bath and body works or something like it. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find it anywhere else in town - so I'm going to need to order some on-line as ours is almost gone.
- Have you tried these? Yummy! I have only tried the molten chocolate cake and the hot fudge brownie - but I LOVE the hot fudge brownie! Especially smothered in whip-cream!
- And if you have time for the real-deal - you can make your own from scratch. I don't know if I've shared this recipe on here before - but it's one of my all-time favorites. We're having dinner at some friends house tonight and I'm bringing dessert, so I am going to make this:
Hot Fudge Pudding Cake (aka – Brown Betty's Armpit)
¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 3 Tbsp cocoa
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 Tbsp cocoa
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 ¼ cup hot water
Heat oven to 350. Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Stir in milk, butter and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Pour into a 9 inch square baking pan. Stir together remaining sugar, brown sugar, and cocoa. Sprinkle on top over batter. Pour hot water on top. DO NOT STIR. Bake 35 to 40 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes. Garnish with whipped cream, walnuts, or vanilla ice cream.