Sunday, June 01, 2008

A perfect Saturday

When Cory and I were first married, and lived in Rexburg we took a few rides on his dad's motorcycle. Now I wasn't raised around motorcycles, and I had been taught how dangerous they were. So when we went I hung on for dear life. But then I started to enjoy the rides more. We didn't go very many times, but the ones we did were fun. I liked holding on to Cory, enjoyed the wind in my face, and the relaxing feeling I'd feel. Those rides reminded me of early summertime.

Now I don't ever want to learn how to ride a motorcycle by myself, I'm perfectly content with holding on behind Cory. And I'm even ok with not owning a bike of our own - I'd just like to go on a ride or two a year.

So yesterday Cory arranged to have a babysitter for the boys for a few hours, and we went on a motorcycle ride. (I think the best part was that he arranged everything himself!) A good friend of ours owns the Polaris dealership in Cedar and he let us take one of the motorcycles (a Victory) out for a nice long ride. We rode up the canyon, through Cedar Breaks National Park, to Brianhead ski resort and home. We stopped at a tasty deli for lunch and had so much fun! The bike was a BIG one and the ride was so smooth. It was chilly at times (there's still a lot of snow in the mountains) - but overall it was a perfect way to usher in summertime.

Thanks sweetheart - it was fantastic!

3 comments:

Our son Kade said...

You're brave! Justin would LOVE if we could ride motorcycles, and he would love to have one, but they seem so dangerous to me. I'm impressed you went on such a long ride - that's way cool! I would have been scared to death. :) I don't like that part of myself, but I'm trying to work through it. Looks like it was fun though! And, I like the colored bath things, those are neat. I agree yellow would be a little gross though...

Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

I think the Whisler girls were raised to be afraid of motorcycles. I have always been terrified of them, too. I had a friend once who insisted I would love it and I HAD to go. We took off out into the country and finally he had to stop to catch his breath. He said he didn't know anyone could squeeze somebody's ribs that tight and he didn't think his bruises would ever heal. hehehe Very Brave of you to take such a long ride. And good job to your husband to plan the whole thing. Big points for that. Love, Aunt Charlotte

Me - Jen said...

WOW!! I am impressed with you. Good for you and how fun and exciting. An adventure for you and your honey!!