Monday, December 03, 2007

Have yourself a merry little Christmas!


Now I don't know what says, "Merry Christmas" better than a trip to visit Santa Claus at the North Pole! We took the boys to "Santa-land" on Friday night. Here in Cedar City we have festivals for just about everthing under the sun - in fact, we don't even need things like holidays for festivals (like for the sheep festival in the fall) - but the stuff they do for Christmas is fun. Lots of fun trees, a fun North Pole to walk through to get to Santa and musical performances (that the boys were not interested in). I was pretty excited that we got a picture of both of the boys being pretty happy, and a great smile from Hunter. YAY!


When Santa asked Gabe what he wanted for Christmas he said, "A Mater copter!" Knowing Gabe-speak I knew that he was saying he wanted a helicopter from the Cars movie (at the end of the movie McQueen arranges for Mater to go on a ride in a helicopter like he's always wanted). Anyway, this was the first we had heard of this and we didn't even know if there was such a toy (we certainly hadn't seen it before). But after a bit of searching I did find this:
So I've ordered it, and we'll see if it gets here by Christmas. It says online that it will take 2-6 weeks, so I'm not holding my breath. And if it doesn't get here in time it will probably be ok too -I'm pretty sure Santa has done plenty of shopping and Gabe will find something under the tree that he'll enjoy :)

And we decorated last night - at least inside the house. I'm not sure we'll get real far with the outside of the house this year. Cory got all gung-ho about outdoor Christmas lights a couple of years ago, and it was beautiful, but he's kind of re-thinking it, and I don' t even know if he'll do the ones around the arch of our door-way like he did last year. I sure hope he does though - I love the look of our house all a-glow with white Christmas lights!

So Merry Christmas from our crew!

4 comments:

Tiffany B said...

Such a darling photo. you are lucky to get a good one like that. Merry Christmas to you too.

Anonymous said...

Such happy boys for Santa!! Great picture! :o)

Rachel Clare said...

I can't believe your boys aren't crying! Elias still wont sit on Santa's lap.
Such a cute photo!

Ashley Mullen said...

Looks like Gabe liked Santa better this year. Love the picture. We can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks too. The kids are counting down the days.
Love you