Saturday, December 29, 2007

Darn Weight Watchers!

Darn it - Weight Watchers really works!

I have eaten HORRIBLY through the holidays this year. I just felt stressed, overwhelmed and I guess a little sorry for myself - and I took it out on junk food. And know what? I gained weight (SURPRISE!). Everytime I "fall off the wagon" and eat like that I am frustrated that I gain weight - a lot faster than I took it off. You'd think that sooner or later I'd learn that I have to eat healthy ALL OF THE TIME.

So this week I was back to Weight Watchers after gorging myself on all kids of chocolate, neighbor treats, cheese ball, crackers, cinnamon rolls - anything that you can think of that is unhealthy....

And guess what? In just 2 days I've lost 3 lbs.

So yep - Weight Watchers works. Now I just need to stick with it and keep trying hard to eat better. (I also need to exercise more....but that is another topic all together.....)

4 comments:

Tiffany B said...

Why can't eating healthy be easier lol? I know I feel so much better when I do but the junk sometimes just tastes so good. Thanks for the inspiration. I need to stop eating all the holiday treats and get back to some good old fruits and veggies. Best wishes for a Healthy New Year!

Sandra said...

As my leader used to say, you can cheat on the program all you want, but your body tracks perfectly-it shows all the little cheats and treats you conveniently forgot to keep track of. I am really serious in the new year too. I managed to stay the same the last two weeks, so I am encouraged to keep at it. Good luck to you! Love, Sandra

Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

My trick for the holidays has been sugar-less gum.. It is a really good - Eclipse, Polar Ice flavor.

Every time (well not every time) I wanted a sweet I would chew a couple pieces and just chew and chew until I didn't wat the treat anymore.

It has really worked. I still enjoyed my holiday goodies, but not nearly as many as I usually do. Also a new thing we did this year is just let treats go to waste. There is no law that says every piece of fudge or piece of pie HAS to be eaten. It isn't anymore wasteful to throw it out than to attach it to my waist or hips.

So good luck - try the gum. It packs a punch of flavor and really discourages the need to munch.

Love, Aunt Charlotte

Anonymous said...

I'm back "OP" as of today. Had a little too much fun using my new Kitchenaide that Santa brought! Time to get back at it! ;)