Sunday, December 30, 2007

Year at a glance scrapbook pages





Back about 7 years ago we started a tradition in the Rhien family. It was a few years after Cory and I had been married and we decided to start a scrapbook for my parents. The idea behind it was that even when the kids couldn't afford Christmas gifts (being newly-wed, new jobs, etc) that they could still create a simple scrapbook page to give to my parents to show a year in review of what they'd been up to. It just needed to be one page to represent each Rhien kid and in the end it would help us to create a family history. Eventually family will be able to look a the book and see what we've all been up to. It has nothing to do with the talent, or the scrapook ability - since not everyone scrapbooks - but it's more about the memories and the history. It's been tricky to keep up, but hopefully as of this year we'll be caught up and can do just one page at a time.


This year I offered to do pages for whoever needed them to get caught up. Paul and Nicole were the only ones who took me up on the offer though. So here are a few pages I did. I didn't get Paul and Nicole's last page scanned before I sent it....oops. It was really fun to work on these pages. I miss having scrapbook "assignments" - it helped keep me motivated.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love to read your blog everyday. I'm a friend of MaryRuth's from Spokane Washington. The pages you showed were beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Tiffany B said...

Darn I missed that you would catch me up and do my pages for me lol. Now who's rocking the digi scrapbook pages? Love them!!!

Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

YEAH = nobody offered to catch me up. NOT FAIR... of course, if someone else did my scrapbooking, I couldn't justify all the money I spend on supplies and gadgets and goodies, so I guess I'll have to do my own.

I do like the idea of a year at a glance. I saw some in a magazine I got for Christmas and now you have inspired me to give it a try.

I have just been experimenting this year with printing off all pics from an event in wallet or 2 by 2 size and then just picking a few to enlarge and focus - that way the whole event is pictured, but more economically done so in photos and time.

LOVE< Charlotte

Rachel Clare said...

I LOVE this idea. Can we copy you?!

Anonymous said...

what a great idea, joanna!! beautiful pages, as always!