Monday, September 03, 2007

"Mom, where are all the pictures?"

Here's a little quiz for you all.



When Hunter gets older and he asks, "Mom, why does Gabe have 100's of pictures from the weekend when he was blessed, and I only have like 5?" what will be the answer?


  1. Well honey, remember when we told you about the devastating fire of 2010? Unfortunately all of your pictures were damaged in the fire.

  2. Our computer crashed shortly after the blessing. We recovered all of the photos but the ones from that weekend. I'm so sorry sweetie.

  3. Pictures? I'm sure they're around here somewhere....

  4. We were so busy with family and friends that day, and enjoying Logan's baptism that we didn't get many pictures - so sorry.

  5. Hunter sweetheart - you are a 2nd child. That simply means that we didn't take pictures because we were not only trying to take care of you, but chase after your big brother. Sorry buddy.

(The answer is #4 & 5....I feel bad, we really ended up with about 5 pictures. No family pictures of our family, no pictures of everyone there, no pictures of Hunter and Logan together - his cousin that was baptized, no pictures of Hunter by himself. I'm so sad, and feel really bad that I'm fitting into that stereotypical "second child" mold.)

5 comments:

Chase said...

I'm the fourth - and by that time all my mom did was write down my milestones on a calendar (luckily she saved that!) The only time I have ever 'felt bad' was when I was mad at her and would use it against her ("well you loved all the other sisters more than me - you made them baby books and all I got was a calendar!" can you even imagine me saying that? ;) I didn't even mean it.) Anyways, I'm sure that once you get a little more settled, and Hunter isn't completely dependent on you, the picture taking will pick back up. Think of all that time you got to spend with family instead of working the camera! All of the family now has poignant memories of meeting and loving Hunter and soaking in his sweetness. We loved seeing you guys, even if we only had a few minutes! And Gabe was as darling as ever! We love that boy!

Anonymous said...

Joanna, don't be too hard on yourself. It happens to everybody.
Besides, you could always solve the problem by discarding most of Gabe's pix too (grin). I don't take many pictures anymore, I decided it interferred too much with the experiencing of the moment.

What's important to your children is your loving them, not the historical record you leave. Love, Sandra

Ashley Mullen said...

Joanna,
Next time we are together we can take a picture of Logan and Hunter. Take some on a Sunday and put his little outfit on him, and take some pictures. It's only a couple of weeks difference, one week if you do it this weekend. Love you lots, and love the layout.

Paul and Nicole Rhien said...

we have a couple of the 3 cousins on the Rhien side at the blessing. I'll try and post them later.

Anonymous said...

just as long as you get him in his blessing outfit before he outgrows it, maybe he wont question it too much! ;)