Thursday, September 27, 2007

8 weeks



Wowza! It was 8 weeks ago that Hunter was born.

He has been so funny the last couple of days (when he's not a grumpy guy....) he has developed this funny smile that he smiles with his whole face. His mouth is open WIDE and he looks like he's trying to swallow you whole! I haven't captured it quite right because he only does it for me, and only when I'm making silly faces at him. (and not when I'm behind the camera) But it sure is cute.
I've also noticed that he tends to scowl a lot. Poor little guy's going to have grumpy wrinkles.

He's also quite vocal. He does this thing when he isn't necessarily crying - but he's growling and kind of whining....it's interesting, and sounds pretty pitiful.

And he's getting a flat head on one side like Gabe did. Yeah, not happy about that, and I'm sure the pediatrician will say something about it tomorrow at our 2 month visit. The interesting thing is that the side that I always lay him on isn't flat. I noticed today that even if I lay him with his head to one side - he always changes it to the other side.

And tummy time? HA! He hates it. Anyone have any suggestions for ways to get him to enjoy it better? I lay on the floor with him and talk to him - but he still just rubs his face on the blanket and screams....Well here he is.

(The pictures on top are from today - and these ones of him in red are from a couple of days ago).



6 comments:

Rachel Clare said...

cute, cute, cute. I love a baby's first real smile!

Liz said...

I am such a loser! I bought him a little something that I think is DARLING about three weeks ago, and if I don't get it in the mail fast, little Hunter will have to save it for one of HIS sons! :) That's my goal for today. He is too cute! And 8 weeks old already?! Time flies.

Chase said...

Hunter, like Gabe, just gets more handsome everyday! You really do have beautiful boys!

I hope it has cooled down a little for you guys, we are finally having lower temps and fall weather - its wonderful. Have a great weekend! We love you.

Anonymous said...

Another Great Ellis son. What fun they are going to have, Gabe you make a fine big brother. I am proud to be Great Grandma to you both HUNTER and GABE
Love Grandma Marilyn

P.S. My mother has E-Mail
marianlusk@netzero.net

Paul and Nicole Rhien said...

Joanna - if you have a boppy pillow, you might try tummy time on it? Taylor doesn't love being on her front either - she gets frustrated after just a minute or two. But she's been doing better on the boppy. I'll have to post a picture (and Hunter may not be old/big enough yet for this position)

Love, Paul & Nicole

The Rhiens said...

Wow! He's growing fast. It is fun to see him develop his own personality and look. While he looks so much like Gabe at times, he has a very definite Hunter look about him at others.

Mom and Dad Rhien