Thursday, September 13, 2007

6 weeks old

Holy Moly! It's been 6 weeks! Here's the blog post of the week where I drone on and on about how fast my kids are growing up. I know you'd skip these posts all-together if I didn't include pictures of my cute kiddos - but my camera is in Gabe's room where I left it tonight, and he's alseep - so picture will have to come later...sorry.

It's been 6 weeks since Hunter was born. I think at this point I'm supposed to have my act together and be in a routine...but alas that hasn't happened quite yet. Yesterday we did have a pretty good day - ran lots of errands, went to a Weight Watchers meeting, went to the library - and all without any major meltdowns (from any of us). I was really happy that it went as well as it did.

Part of the reason we don't have a routine down yet is that as soon as I think I'm figuring out Hunter, and the way he is going to do things - he changes it. I know that is probably how it will always be - so I'll just learn to go with the flow a bit better. I do know that at night he wants his bath, and he wants it right away - and he wants to stay in as long as the water is warm. Tonight he was pretty wrinkly when we got him out. He even calms down just by the sound of the bathwater, and the sound of the tub draining makes him cry. My little water baby...

Gabe is adjusting to Hunter really well. I think the troubles we have with Gabe aren't Hunter related - they are 2 year old related. He really seems to love his little brother. He's always wanting to show Hunter things, or tell Hunter things. Tonight he kept wanting to show Hunter his "unders" (underwear - see the previous post) - and was really proud of them. He gives Hunter the funniest kisses too - so gentle and with a funny little sound at the end. My favorite is when Hunter is crying Gabe always runs to me and tells me, "Hunter's crying - Get it!"

So it's exhausting having two little boys - but as my dad has reminded me, "this too shall pass" - and when it does, I know that I'll be sad that they're not tiny anymore...It's a vicious cycle...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woman! You have to stop beating yourself up. As long as you and the boys are fed and at least half dressed everyday, that's all that matters. They'll remember being very loved, not that you crossed off every errand on your list every day!! Hang in there!