Thursday, September 13, 2007

Tales from the Potty Train

So today Gabe once again wanted to get out the underwear that I'd bought him to wear (of course - it's 'Cars' underwear - who wouldn't want to wear them?) I took my Aunt Charlotte's advice, and decided that I'd let him have the whole experience of the 'wet' feeling - so he'd know what not to do. But at the same time I was really hoping that he'd just come at it naturally....

No such luck.

We tried the whole idea of going to the bathroom every 10 minutes. He'd sit on the toilet - but wouldn't go to the bathroom. At one point I said, "Gabe - do you have some pee-pee that needs to come out?" He looked at me with the most serious look on his face and said, "No mom - just farts." :)

Anyway, he did end up peeing in those cute little 'Cars' unders (that's what he started calling them - Unders - I thought it was so cute!). I don't think it really bothered him except for the fact that he peed on the kitchen floor and then slipped and fell in it....(you can laugh, it makes me chuckle). I was grateful for the easy cleanup on the linoleum - and he was fine with jumping in the tub to clean up.

Ahhh.....tales from the 'Potty Train'. I'm sure there will be more to come!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was laughing before you even said I could laugh about him slippin' in the pee!! So funny! :o)

Anonymous said...

Sorry---I was already laughing in the first paragraph. I'm afraid boy or girl, there will be plenty of farting in my house one day...thanks to their daddy! ;)