Monday, September 10, 2007

Want to know a secret?


Shh....I have a secret. You can't tell anyone - most especially not my cute husband Cory. The chore I've always detested - weeding - isn't 1/2 bad, and in some ways is oddly enjoyable. (yikes - I said it out-loud!)
  • It's (almost) bearable to do when it's rained all night, and the weeds seem to come right out.
  • It's (almost) satisfying when you work for a few minutes and get a HUGE pile to throw in the trash can. Makes you feel like you've accomplished something.
  • It's (almost) enjoyable when you pull out a HUGE weed that looked too hard to handle without a small tractor - and get all the roots.
  • And it's most definetly worth it when you pull out that HUGE weed and your sweet two year old claps and cheers as loud as he can and say, "YAY MOM!"
But shh....don't tell Cory....

3 comments:

MaryRuth said...

LOL! I acutally like gardening and pulling weeds... I'll trade you if you do my ironing :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I always enjoy weeding once I actually get to it. All that order out of chaos. And with a cheering section, no less!

Have a great day! Sandra

The Rhiens said...

I'm telling! Just kidding. There is a certain satisfaction in weeding. To me it is kind of like folding laundry or vacuuming. I love a task that you can see the results of when you are done.

Mom