Tuesday, April 01, 2008

My boys

Gabe wanted to make and send Easter cards to some of the family this year. So I used this picture to go in the cards. It is a pretty serious picture - but I do love the boys in the picture! Thought I'd share it with everyone else too.

Yesterday was one of the grumpiest days we've seen around here. Gabe, Hunter and I all needed some more sleep than we got for the day. We were grumpy, fussy, and mean. All of us. I'm grateful that today started a new day - even if we still had a few grumpy moments to start with. Hopefully we can get out of our 'post-vacation slump' and things will look up. We all need to get more sleep too. The boys have been stinkers with sleep lately. Especially Hunter. He has major sleep issues. He will only sleep while I hold him after nursing, or in the car. When I go to lay him down in his crib he almost ALWAYS wakes up, and won't go back to sleep unless I hold him. And Gabe has recently decided that somewhere between 4:30 and 6:00 am he needs to either have one of us come in and sleep with him, or he wants to get in our bed. He's good about sleeping by himself until the early morning hours - but later on he wants to snuggle. And between it all - I'm not sleeping at all. I can see why we have a case of the grumpies here!
And onto our car delima's. Our friends have taken our suburban (the friends who are buying it) and so I'm stranded without a car because we haven't found something that will work for us. I'm anxious to find something that will work for us with all the features we want, and with a price we can afford. There aren't a lot of things I like around here, so we've been looking on-line and stuff. We might get something in SLC, or just wait until we can find exactly what we want. It's caused a lot of stress and I hope we can get it resolved soon! I don't know how my brothers and their wives do it with just one car in the family - it's tough! My car represents freedom to me and not having one kind of makes me feel a bit stranded. But we'll make it work. Cory did find a Yukon XL that we both really like, but it's not for sale. But he called and asked the owner if they'd be thinking of selling it anytime soon (he had an idea they were looking to sell it). Anyway, they're talking about a price, and we'll see. It's here in town, so we wouldn't have to travel to pick it up, and the owners have kept it immaculate. They are actually the same people we bought our work van from - so we have dealt with them before. Anyway - I'll post when we decide what's going on.
I will also hopefully get some more pictures posted of our trip too...hopefully.

1 comment:

Me - Jen said...

Hey we are selling our Suburban up here in Boise - 2007 if you are intersted. Perfect car no problems.