Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Dream Big


Cory called me a few nights ago when he was on his way home from work. He said, "The next time you buy music on MSN will you get me a song called "Dream Big" by Ryan Shupe and the Rubber Band? It's my new song". So today when I was wasting time (avoiding work projects I should be working on), and was playing on the internet I looked up the song. The website I found it on wouldn't let me listen to the whole song, just a piece of it (you can find it at: http://music.msn.com/album/?album=42042820). As soon as I heard it my eyes started to fill with tears (and I just had to buy it!) I was holding Gabe, and I looked down at him and I knew that one of the things that has driven me crazy about my dear sweet husband (his "Big Dreams") would be one of the most special things he could possibly pass on to our son.

I don't know how to post the actual song (I probably can't....) but here are the lyrics:

When you cry, be sure to dry your eyes,
'Cause better days are sure to come.
And when you smile, be sure to smile wide,
And don't let them know that they have won.
And when you walk, walk with pride,
And don't show the hurt inside,
Because the pain sill soon be gone.

(Chorus)
And when you dream, dream big,
As big as the ocean, blue.
'Cause when you dream it might come true.
But when you dream, dream big.

And when you laugh, be sure to laugh out loud,
'Cause it will carry all your cares away.
And when you see, see the beauty all around and in yourself,
And it will help you feel okay.
And when you pray, pray for strength to help to carry on,
But when the troubles come your way.

(Chorus)
And when you dream, dream big,
As big as the ocean, blue.
'Cause when you dream it might come true.
But when you dream, dream big.

(Dream big.)
(Dream big.)

When you cry be sure to dry your eyes,
cause better days are sure to come.
And when you smile be sure to smile wide, and
don't let them know that they have won.
And when you laugh be sure to laugh out loud,
'Cause it will carry all your cares away.
And when you see, see the beauty all
around and in yourself, and it will help you feel okay.
And when you pray, pray for strength to help to
carry on when the troubles come your way.

So Gabe, I want you to follow your Daddy's example and don't let others tell you what you can and can't dream about. You never know when your dreams will come true - so always dream, and dream big. I hope we can teach you that you can do anything you put your mind to and who better to learn it from than your dad - aka one of the worlds biggest dreamers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! that made me cry, at 6:49am!! SO sweet.

Baby Gabe---your mama doesnt give herself enough credit. She's done some pretty big dreaming herself. You are proof of that. I hope you are just like BOTH of your parents!!

Melissa said...

I love that song!

Anonymous said...

Gabe: Dreams do come true, my life is full of them which include you. Great Grandpa Whisler