Monday, October 09, 2006

More from day 2

Here are some more pictures from day 2.

The pictures of the animals are kind of funny. There is one silly picture of me trying to kiss an ostrich that we saw when we stopped at an ostrich farm. I was actually pretty scared of them after watching them attack Heidi and her husband Ryan - literally they were pecking them and it left marks on their arms!

Heidi was also attacked by a baboon when we stopped at Cape Point. They had signs all over saying not to feed the baboons - and I guess it's a major problem. Heidi had a sandwhich she was taking back to the bus, but the baboon wasn't going to let her on the bus with that sandwhich - it wanted lunch! It grabbed onto her until she threw her sandwhich for it to enjoy. The funniest part of the attack was that when she did get back on the bus the first thing she said to her husband was, "Did you get a picture of it!?!?" He laughed and said, "No, I was using the camera to beat up the baboon so I could save my wife!"

We also went and saw some awesome penguins. They were so sweet! I loved this picture that one of the girls captured of the 2 penguins together - they are monogomous, and it's just sweet to see them together!

We also ate at an amazing restaurant that afternoon - The Black Marlin....(I think that's what it was called). The meal was tasty - I tried langenstein (I think that's how you spell it....) - they seemed like a cross between a prawn, and a very small lobster - as far as the taste goes. It was delicious! I ordered just one (and the waiter thought I was nuts) - so I could try it and see how I liked it. When I ate it I was wishing I had ordered more! We also tried their creme brulee.....which was made with rosewater. In case you are wondering how that tastes - you can take a bottle of liquid hand soap, pump it into your mouth 2 or 3 times - and you'll have a pretty good idea. It was nasty! But we enjoyed our time at lunch.

And speaking of eating - that night we went to one of the coolest restaurants I've ever been to! It was called Moyo - and it was a neat African experience. They sat us up basically in a treehouse to eat our dinner - it was gorgeous! They had performers, amazing food to try - (all different kinds of authentic African foods - including Ox Tail which I tried. They consider it a delicacy....I'm not convinced). They had a buffet where you could try all different kinds of food - it was really interesting. They also have someone come around and paint your faces with this neat white paint. The whole experience was really neat!

Then that night Jessica and I got back to the hotel and we stayed up until 4:15 am....I don't remember doing that since my days at Ricks College before I got married! The problem was that we had to get up at 5:30 am the next morning! So we slept a total of an hour and 15 minutes....it was worth it though - I loved getting to gab with Jess - she's such a great friend!

No comments: