Thursday, October 19, 2006

And he's off!

So no more of this: Gabe's a BIG BOY, and we're on to this:
Gabe walked more tonight and made me so happy. I was really sick of people asking how old he is now, and then following that with the question, "So - is he walking yet?" When I would say no they'd be like "Ohhhh...." Kind of like, 'Hmmm...wonder what his problem is....'

I know that for the rest of his life I can't be comparing him to how other kids are doing things, or when they excel at certain developmental things. But I am pretty grateful that he caught on to the walking gig so when people say, "Is he walking yet?" I can answer with a strong - "You betcha!"

7 comments:

The Rhiens said...

Hip, hip hooray for Gabe! We're proud of you, buddy!

Love, Gramma and Grampa Rhien

Wendy Sue said...

Yahoo!!! :o) I love that he's so excited about it too - what a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Way to go buddy!

We love you! - Uncle Paul & Aunt 'Cole

jed-laura said...

He looks SO mature, and cute.

Congrats Gabe.

-Hugs and Kisses from your Aunt Laura and Uncle Jed

Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

So cute! He's just the sweetest thing, we love getting to watch him grow and become such a sweet little man - wish we lived close enough to see it in person! :) Love you. Alicia

Anonymous said...

Yay for Gabe!! My Alex is just starting to crawl and he's almost 8 months...and I'm just fine with that! I'm not sure I'm ready for this third one to be so mobile yet! ;o)

Anonymous said...

You go, Gabe! Go, Gabe, Go!
Poor Joanna, you get to go, go, go, too.
(Well, actually it's going to be Grandma Rhien who gets to go, go go, which is even funnier somehow. Sorry, Earlene)

Thankyou so much for sharing this sweet moment.

Cheers, Sandra