Thursday, March 29, 2007

Something a little lighter...

With my last depressing post I figured I needed to post something somewhat lighter. So here's a newer picture of Gabe. I love how the little guy looks in green - it's really a great color on him...now if we could convince his dad that he should wear something other than red we'd be in business.
(Red is one of the main "Blind Guy" colors - so almost everything Cory owns now is red)
On a funny note in regards to that - when we were in Oregon a few weeks ago we went shopping at an outlet mall. We were in the Gap Outlet and I saw a couple of polo shirts that seemed perfect for Cory. There was one that had red, grey and a small gold stripe - that one screamed Cory's name, so I knew I was getting it for him. Then there was another one - that was navy, apple green, with a small gold stripe - this was my favorite. I debated on getting it and my mom even said - "It's not red, will Cory wear it?" But I liked it a lot, so I hoped he'd wear it for me.
Anyway, we were in line to pay and Gabe started fussing a bit. To distract him, I showed the 2 shirts to him and said, "Look what we're getting daddy." I had the red one in one hand, and the blue/green one in the other hand. Gabe pointed to the red shirt and said, "Daddy!" Then he pointed to the blue/green one in my other hand and shouted in his proudest voice, "Mom-ma!"
I got such a laugh out of it - and actually ended up putting the blue/green shirt I had fallen in love with back on the shelf. Even a 19 month old knows what Daddy will and won't wear!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Cory is telling little Gabe what to tell Mommy! Ha! I thought that was cute, too! Love you!
Grandma T

The Rhiens said...

I love this picture of Gabe! He looks so grown up...and it was funny to see him be so adamant about the shirt choice for Dad. :)

Love, Gramma Rhien