Gabe really enjoys singing - whether he's belting it out like Ariel from the Little Mermaid (Ahhhh - Ahhhh - Ahhh.....), or trying to keep up with the actions of his favorite nursery songs - he loves it. Most of all though, he loves to have me sing songs to him while I make a fool of myself doing the actions.
Anyway, I've been trying to teach him the song "I'm So Glad When Daddy Come Home". His favorite part is "pat his cheeks, and give him what?" He loves to pat our cheeks - it's adoreable! So here Gabe's patting his cheeks.
So I thought I'd list a few of things that make me "so glad":
- Last night I found my favorite sound. I was downstairs in our basement while Cory said he was going to go check on why Gabe was screaming (he was supposed to be in bed). I waited a few minutes and decided to turn on the monitor and hear what was going on. Cory was reading Gabe a "Bob the Builder" book to calm him down. I could tell they were snuggling in a chair, and Gabe kept saying his word for blanket (he calls it a nink) and Cory sweetly read to Gabe to calm him down - I LOVED it. I had been watching TV, but I turned it off and sat and listened to the rest of the story.
- Yesterday Gabe and I drove down to St. George to get some shopping done. We took a break to go on a picnic on some grass across the street from the St. George temple. We stopped at a drive-through to get part of our lunch and when the employee handed us the food Gabe yelled out from the back seat, "Gank You!" (his version of thank you). I loved that what I'd been teaching him is sinking in. He's been good at saying it when I prompt him, but to hear him blurt it out on his own was sweet. He's done it a few times more this morning and it melted my heart.
- Last week we were on a little evening drive on our Ranger. We were spotting deer and it was so fun! We had stopped for a minute and I said to Gabe, "What is your favorite part of being in our family?" He patted my leg and yelled out, "Momma!" and then patted Cory's leg and said, "Daddy!" The happiest tears filled my eyes and I said a little prayer that I could remember that moment when he was a teenager and was saying he hated us (not that I'm hoping for that...just preparing myself in case it ever happens).
- Last week I was having "one of those days" - it was just rotten. After Cory came home he told me to go and run some errands to get out of the house by myself. It was perfect. But I stopped by a book store to look for a book I had seen advertised. While I was there, and feeling kind of run down I looked over at a display with some great wall hangings and found an answer to an unsaid prayer. I found this quote,
"In all living, have much fun and laught. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." --President Gordon B. Hinckley
- So this weekend - enjoy life! Have a wonderful weekend so you can also sing, "I'm so glad..."