Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Just have to brag...


...and say that I seriously have the BEST husband in the world. Really - the best!

Sure, there are times I complain about things he doesn't do - but at the end of the day - he totally ROCKS. Take for instance today:
  • He called me up and asked me if I had eaten anything for lunch, and if I would like him to pick something up for me. Then decided it would be fun if Gabe and I met him in town for lunch. What a fun thing to get to do - middle of the week lunch date!
  • When he came home this afternoon he had forgotten to pick up the one little thing I needed him to get for me for our Young Women activity tonight. First he offered to take Gabe into town to pick it up for me, but then he had an even better idea - and offered to watch Gabe while I went to town. I don't get much alone time, and it was fabulous!
  • When we had a little catastrophie with our activity, and no one had shown up to help me set up, he quickly packed Gabe in the truck and came to rescue me. And then when I realized I'd left stuff at home he ran back and picked it up for me.
  • He came back to the church with all the stuff I'd sent him to get (and kept calling him to tell him more things to remember) and I talked him into watching my friend's little girl for the night (her other little girl had gotten hurt at the church and she had to run to the emergency room). He so willingly put her in the car with Gabe (and even grabbed an extra car seat to do so!) and then watched her for the evening. Not just watching Gabe for me - but filling in when I volunteer him to help others - HE ROCKS!
  • And lastly, when I came home he had Gabe down for bed! Granted, Gabe has been chattering away in his bedroom - but he's in bed, and I don't have to do it.

So this little blog post has 2 purposes. First off - to tell you how awesome Cory is (although most of you have a pretty good idea....) and secondly to remind me how lucky I am. I get too caught up in the things that don't get done, that too often I forget all that he does get accomplished, and all he helps me with. I might not have married the most romantic man in the world, but I sure married a good one, one who helps others, wants to make my life easier - and dog-gone-it, is pretty dang cute!

Love you sweetie!

5 comments:

The Rhiens said...

Yup! I have to agree with you on that one. He is a great husband and father. As your mom, I appreciate him for all he does to take care of you and Gabe. We love you, too, Cory!

Love, Mom and Dad Rhien

Chase said...

We sure got lucky with our Ellis boys! Great photo- you've got proof Cory wears a color other than red! I know it's been a while, but we had such a great time when we came down to visit. Hope to see you guys soon.
Love ya
Kori

Liz said...

Joanna-
Thanks for the notes! Now when do we get to see a picture of YOUR big belly? (Probably in a few months when you get a big belly, huh?) You looked so cute in the last picture you posted. Thanks for the Tylenol PM suggestion... I think I'll try! I've been sleeping on the couch so that I can just sleep in a "reclined" position instead of trying to sleep on my sides (which makes my hips ache so bad!) I'm getting anxious for this little guy to get here!
I love your little ticker that says how long you have left... getting close!
Love
Liz

Anonymous said...

They are definitely great Ellis men! I have to say that our daughter in laws are pretty special, too!
Love, Grandma Tammy

Anonymous said...

what a good guy!! I think you should keep him! ;)