It's been a hit at our house and I figured I should probably spread the wealth. I know you'll all be jealous of my copy - because it's a photocopy off of a paper plate, but I am just going to type it out for you - so here you go:
FRED's Sweet & Sour Chicken
Approximately 3-4 chicken breasts
Johnny's Seasoning Salt (also my addition)
Several tbsp of butter/margerine - I'm sure you could use olive oil too....but the butter adds a great taste
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 tbsp soy sauce
4 tbsp ketchup
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup vinegar
garlic salt or fresh minced garlic (this is my own addition - and is optional)
- Cut raw chicken into pieces.
- In a bowl or bag toss chicken with flour and Johnny's Seasoning Salt to coat the chicken.
- Cook chicken in butter. Brown the chicken.
- Mix all of the other ingredients in a baking dish (I use an 8x8 Pyrex).
- Add chicken and stir gently to coat.
- Cook the chicken and sauce in oven @ 350 for 40 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
(**Edited to add - tonight when we were eating Gabe said, "Mom - do you have the stuff to make this again tomorrow night? I really like it." That and the fact that he ate all of his just about made my whole day!)