Saturday, July 25, 2009

Hunter-isms and an update


So I always write the funny things that Gabe says (our Gabeisms) - but I haven't done it for Hunter yet. Mostly because Hunter doesn't SAY much. But I want to work a little more on recording stuff about Hunter too. So here we go with some Hunter-isms as of right now.
------------------------------------------------
We were at Lake Powell (pictures to come soon - I promise) and I think that someone had made a mess of something on the boat. I yelled out, "Who made this mess???" I looked around and my Mom said, "I didn't do it!", Cory said - "I didn't do it!" then I looked at the boys and Hunter said clear as day, "I didn't do it!" It was hilarious to hear!
------------------------------------------------
Tonight we were getting dinner all ready but we weren't moving fast enough for little Hunter. He wanted to eat and wanted to say the prayer first. I was standing by his high chair getting something ready and he grabbed my hands, folded them together and started to pray. He was so frustrated that we weren't doing it on our own!
------------------------------------------------
Hunter has started "telling secrets" lately. He gets right up in my ear, slobbers all over in them and whispers something that resembles "woosh, smoosh, blah, blah, blah" - but also sounds a lot like he's blowing in my ear. Then he pulls my head back an looks at my face to see my reaction, throws his head back and bursts out laughing. Then he instantly grabs my face in his hands and starts slobbering/whispering in my other ear and repeats the process. He can go back and forth between that for hours - he LOVES telling 'secrets'.
------------------------------------------------

He gives VERY friendly kisses. He almost always grabs my face with both hands and just lays one on me. A lot of times it feels somewhat like being kissed by a vacuum - he is so slobbery and sucks so hard. But they're sweet kisses.

------------------------------------------------

Hunter is SOOOOO friendly. He LOVES saying "Hi" and waving to anyone new that comes around - especially to completely strangers!

------------------------------------------------

Hunter is SOOOOO opinionated. He gets upset so easly if we don't understand the exact thing he wants. For instance - if I am singing him a song, and it's not the song he wants he will yell with all of his energy, "STOP!!!!!" and start putting his hands over my mouth until I change songs. His favorite for me to sing, "I like to move it, move it".

------------------------------------------------

When Hunter is ready to go to bed or take a nap - HE IS READY. We could all be running around and having fun - but if he's really tired and ready to go to bed he will do all he can to tell us to stop what we're doing and put him down. He'll drag us in his room and make us put him down. Even when we were at Lake Powell - where he was sleeping in a hall-way he was ready to go to bed even with us all up - so he did. He can also entertain himself for a LONG time in his bed. At night we can hear him jabbering to his animals in bed for over an hour after we put him down sometimes, and he entertains himself in the morning too.

1 comment:

Ashley Mullen said...

I lvoe that he tells secrets. That has got to be the cutest thing ever :) Love you Hunter!!!