Sunday, June 28, 2009

Bucket List: Hot Air Balloon Ride - CHECK!

The little dive we stayed at. It actually was pretty clean!

Dang - he's hot! (Love you sweetie!)

Hot air balloons AND cotton candy???? Is this heaven? :)

This balloon is called a cloud jumper (I think...) It didn't have a basket, but like a seat the pilot sat on. It was awesome!

Unloading the balloon. Look at Cory helping out. He wanted me to get a chance to go up in the balloon so he put in the "hard work" and helped out. Thanks sweetie!

It was chilly and the boys weren't quite as excited as I was....but they were pretty good.

It was awesome to see the inside of the balloon as it filled with air!

There were a total of 35 balloons that went up!

The view as we went up - see you later boys!

In the air, or heading up.

I loved looking out at the other balloons that were flying too - it was awesome - they looked so close - and it was just magic to know we were all FLYING!

Me with the pilot and balloon owner - Gene from Arizona

The kids got to sit on the balloon bag to squish all of the air out when they packed up.

First time flyers get a champagne/cider toast after their first flight. This also includes everyone spraying us with their glasses of cider. They also did a little ceremony where Gene told us the history of hot air balloons and gave an Irish blessing for our safe flight.

We spent part of this weekend in Panguitch at a Hot Air Balloon Festival. We had a fun BBQ, went to the balloon glow last night, and got up early this morning for the balloon launch. I LOVE seeing hot air balloons, and after getting to go up I think I'm hooked. I didn't get up very far, or go very far out - but I DID get to fly, and it was awesome. Our friend Rhonda Sherratt's dad owns "The Hitchin Post" campground and RV park in Panguitch and sponsored a balloon. Cory told Rhonda and James that going in a hot air balloon was a dream of mine (on my "Bucket List") and they worked it out that I got to go up. LOVED it!

The Balloon Glow the night before is awesome too - the main street fills with the balloons thethered to the ground and light up the sky - fun music, food - it was great. A fun little vacation not too far from home. Thanks sweetie for making it happen. Love you.

5 comments:

Ashley Mullen said...

Yea! Looks like so much fun. I am so glad you were able to do that. How fun.

Anonymous said...

That sounds soo cool! It sounds like an amazing experience and I'm glad you got to do it!

Ellis said...

You got some great photos! I've always wanted to go up in a hot air balloon too - and I'm so glad you got to go! I LOVE the photo of you eating cotton candy - super cute! (but you actually like that stuff? wow. :)

Tarrah M. said...

How fun is that! Bet the views were beautiful.

Hilary said...

wowie! Lucky you! How fun!