So what are some of the things that are keeping me smiling today? There are hundreds, but here's the short list:
- A big cold Diet Dr. Pepper from Brad's Food Hut (best ice in the world)
- Listening to the new Dixie Chick's song on iTunes (Can't wait for their new cd to come out on May 23rd!)
- Going swimming with Gabe last night. Just he and me and the SUU swimming pool. He had a blast and loved watching the "big kids" splashing and playing - they captivated his attention and I c0uld almost hear him say, "I wanna play with the big kids mom!"
- Finding the Lean Cuisine Thai Chicken meals I've been looking for at the grocery store (tasty, and only 4 Weight Watchers points!)
- Speaking of Weight Watchers - having a loss this week (I've now lost over 40 lbs!)
- Putting on my new jeans that are comfy, and even pretty loose. (I can even get into a pair of size 10 - they're snug... but they can zip!) and wearing a shirt that was one of my favorites, but I haven't worn in a couple of years.
- Plans to go see the play "Seussical" tomorrow morning with Gabe - I am giddy with excitement - SUU does amazing plays and this one will be fun.
- New library books. Thursday we go to the library and it's by far my favorite day of the week. Gabe loves it and I can't wait to pull the new books out of our book bag to read!
- Nap time - I love when Gabe takes naps! The last couple of days they've been mini-cat-naps, but today we're doing better (and what am I doing? Wasting time on the computer....)
- Trying to teach Gabe to say Mommy - only for him to say Da-Da over and over again. I love his little jabbers, and even if he likes to say Dad - it's still music to my ears!
So what makes you happy? Leave a comment and tell me the simple (and not so simple) things that make you smile. Have a great day!