I was tagged - and although I am usually horrible about getting around to these (I have the best of intentions) - I thought it was a great way for me to avoid what I'm supposed to be doing right now - mopping the floor....
10 years ago:
- I was going to school at Ricks College - my 2nd year and I was studying "generals" with an emphasis on health sciences. (I thought I wanted to get a degree in Radiology....sometimes I wonder why I didn't - and then I remember that the woman I job-shadowed said that like 80% of her job was giving old men barium enimas... and I couldn't handle it!)
- I had just had my 2nd wedding reception (a joint one with my sister and brother in law Ashley & Spencer). My family had just left to go back to New Mexico and I was officially a married woman! (which was weird because I felt the same I had a few weeks before in a lot of ways....)
- We were returning wedding gifts, using gift cards from our wedding, and enjoying being able to do some newly-wed shopping. (If I had only realized that you only got wedding gifts once...I would have used it a little more wisely)
- I was busy organizing our new HUGE apartment (3 bedroom 2 bath - it was bigger than we needed, and got us too used to a big place!) I felt spoiled - especially after the little DUMP we were going to live in together.
- Working at Walmart.....something I wouldn't wish on anyone! But at the same time - reminded me that I needed to finish college so I wouldn't be stuck doing that for the rest of my life!
Five things on my To-Do List today:
- Research new cell phones - mine died yesterday. I'm leaning towards this one - the Blackberry Curve 8330:
- Researching new washing machines. Ours died on Thursday right before we left to go out of town for the weekend. I'm still not sure if I'm going to buy a new one or get mine fixed (Cory thinks it's the transmission and thinks it's going to cost more than it's worth to fix). This is the one I'm looking at - the LG Electronics 4.2 Cu. Ft. Ultra Capacity Front Load SteamWasher :
- Completly overhauling/organizing/cleaning the boy's toys. They have so many junky happy meal toys, pieces of toys - and parts all over the place. Right now I'm trying to get all of the cars together, all the little people together, and pieces of everything in the right places. Any great motherly organizing advice? Anyone have a great way to keep kids toys organized? (Other than to stop buying them? I'm getting there....)
- Mop the kitchen floor - I REALLY needed to do this before we left for being out of town for the weekend, but it didn't end up happening - and I can tell you it about killed me to come home from a weekend away to the dirtiest kitchen floor EVER!
- Make a major grocery shopping list so I can feed my family decent meals this week (I've gotten SO lazy with this!)
- Pay off all business debts
- Family trip with all siblings/spouses/neices/nephews/grandparents to Disneyworld for Christmas
- Help with several charaties
- Save for kids college/mission expenses
- Send happy mail to all I love - and just people who might need a pick-me-up (unexpected, fun, silly packages)
- Enoch, Utah (right outside of Cedar City)
- Rexburg, ID
- Farmington Hills (Detroit), MI
- Spanish Fork, UT
- Strongsville (Cleveland), OH
- CEO of our home (the best and HARDEST job ever!)
- Co-owner of The Blind Guy with my hubby (I used to do the books, but we have hired someone for that, and now I don't have as much involvement which I guess is good)
- Designer and Marketing Director for Kopp Design (a scrapbook company)
- Marketing Director for The Scrap Coop
- Porter's - Accounts Payable and Acconts Receiveable manager
Anyone else want to join in?