· When we were leaving to drive up to see family this weekend we stopped to say a prayer before we left. I suggested a prayer and Gabe announced that he wanted to say it. So he started right out and said, "Dear Hefenly Faver". Then without any hesitation at all he confidently and sincerely said, "I love you". It was one of those moments that brought tears to my eyes immediately. I felt so grateful that Gabe felt he could tell his Heavenly Father that he loved Him. I felt so wonderful that Gabe does love his Heavenly Father, and I prayed at that instant that Gabe would always feel that way. I hope and pray that Gabe remembers to love his Heavenly Father and that he can start every day out thanking our Heavenly Father for all he's given us.
· We had told Gabe he could go swimming at the hotel swimming pool after his dinner but were encouraging him to eat his dinner. Someone at dinner said something about swimming and Gabe responded with, "You can't go swimming until you eat 2 bites of macaroni and cheese!"
· I was changing Gabe's diaper and I said, "I will be so excited when you wear big boy underwear all the time and don't need diapers! Are you excited about that?" He responded with a strong, "Yes!" I asked, "So Gabe – when do you think that will happen? When do you think you'll get potty-trained?" He thought for a minute and said, "Hmmm….I think in 2 minutes!" (don't I wish….)
· "Oh look mom – our mushkin is sleeping" (I had no idea what he was saying until I realized that he was talking about Hunter – and calling him a "munchkin")
· "I can't member" (Gabe says this all the time. Whether he can't remember where he put his toys, the words to a song, or someone's name)
· I asked Gabe where he got his new socks. He said, "Old Lady" – (Old Navy)
· I asked Gabe if he was spoiled. He said, "No, I'm not – but daddy and I like to eat spoiled eggs" (he meant hard BOILED eggs)