Friday, May 18, 2007

Feeling so blessed

I've been running around yesterday and today to get ready for a Bunco party we're having here tonight - about 15 other couples. I've been racing from one cleaning mess, to another, trying to get treats, prizes and everything together. But just a few minutes ago I just had the thought that, "I AM SO BLESSED!"

The fact that what I've been busy doing is getting ready for friends to come and have a nice night in our home - what a blessing. The things I have been "stressing" over are so silly in comparison to what so many people in the world have to "stress" about. This is a blessing.

I am blessed with an amazing family. Wow are they awesome! Siblings, parents, in-laws, grandparents, cousins, nieces and nephews, I am truly blessed beyond measure. I think I have the best family in the whole world.

And Cory and Gabe - I don't even need to expound on that, since I brag about them almost daily on here - but they are the lights in my life. Gabe's personality has come out more and more everyday. I may just be his mom - but I'm pretty sure he's a genius :).

Speaking of Gabe - today I was resting for a moment inbetween cleaning chores and I laid down and closed my eyes on his floor while he was playing puzzles. He got very concerned and said, "Mom? Eeep? (Sleep) Up! Up! Help!" He didn't want me to sleep - he wanted me to get up, and wanted to help me. I tried ignoring it for a second but then he asked for my hand and said, "Hand? Help." So I handed him my hand and he helped me up. What a cutie. He also was insistent on helping with the household chores today. He was wiping down tables and chairs, vacuuming (and our vacum weighs a ton - so he needed help....needless to say vacumming took about 5 times as long as usual) and trying to help in any way possible. I told him, "Sweetie, I don't need your help with those things today. Today all you have to do is play - aren't you lucky?" But he started pouting and got all upset becuase he wanted to "HELP!" Cory said to him, "Doing chores is way more fun than playing, isn't it?" I guess we do have teaching moments all along the way - even if they do make things take a little longer than normal.


Anyway, I still have some last minute things to get ready around the house...and it might be a good idea if I do something with my hair...but I wanted to just say that I'm grateful for life - all of it!


3 comments:

MaryRuth said...

Such a great picture of you and your siblings! I love it!

I wish we were neighbhors! I would love to come to your Bunco party!! :) We're getting ready to start our Bunco group here in a few weeks. Can't wait.

And I 100% agree with your post... I too am so blessed!

Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

I love these moments in life when you're just going about daily life, and all of a sudden it hits how full of blessings life is. I was thinking that the other day, just sitting on the couch with Justin, and all of a sudden I thought how blessed I am. Its a special moment. Glad that things are going good for you, and I love the pictures! Love ya!! Alicia

Anonymous said...

Awww Gabe is so cute to help you like that!