Wednesday, November 29, 2006

We're alive

Just wanted to post quickly to say that we are alive. We went to Farmington for Christmas with the Rhien side of the family. There weren't tons of people at dinner - but it was nice and relaxed. I am proud to say I didn't even eat myself into a turky and pie coma :) (however, in the days to follow I wasn't so diligent.....)

It was great to spend some time with my cousin Rachel too. We were so close growing up, and I'm so excited that she's back living in Farmington so I can get together with her when we go visit. And she is expecting baby #2 in several weeks, and I'm so excited to meet this new little one!

Last night was our Young Women's Evening in Excellence program. After a few snags (like 1/2 of our YW presidency being sick and not being able to make it) we pulled it off. And it felt like it was a success. Even though I was so stressed before it all happened, I couldn't help but feel so much love for each of the Young Women as they stood up to talk about their YW projects. I have a special place in my heart for our girls, and I LOVE my calling!

Now that we're home (and Evening in Excellence is done) I'm trying to focus on Christmas stuff, as well as a few other projects I have up my sleeve. I always wish at this time of year that I had planned things a bit better so I could spend more time making fun crafts and stuff.....maybe next year huh?

Here is the only picture I took on Thanksgiving. I have found that I have been taking fewer and fewer pictures....hopefully that's just a phase and not something new....

Hope everyone is surviving the holidays so far and enjoying time with family and loved ones!

(Edited to add....I said we'd gone to Farmington for Christmas.....see I'm crazy. It was for Thanksgiving!!!)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad yall had a good Thanksgiving! I was getting worried about you!

I've been taking fewer and fewer pics lately, too. Maybe once the new year starts we can push each other to take more "everyday" kind of pics. I need to go grab my camera and take a pic of Sam asleep on his dog bed we bought him for his birthday....I know Kevin would appreciate seeing it since he cant be here to see it in person! :)

jed-laura said...

It's good to hear from you.

We have been in a picture/video slump too. We don't take nearly as many pictures as we used to, and our video camera is slightly broken... so we don't do any video.

Life goes on- I'm sure Alli and Gabe have plenty of pictures, and any future siblings will not have quite so many simply because there's less energy and time when you have more than one kid.

Love ya- Have a great day- Jed

Rachel Clare said...

I loved seeing you guys too! We're anxious for you to come back after Christmas. Good luck with everything before then!
Rachel

The Rhiens said...

We loved having you here for Thanksgiving weekend. Thanks for making that extra effort. I know that you hate the trip between here and there. Thanks for making the trip anyway.

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you kids had a good time. It sounds like everyone is in the picture slump these days! It makes me feel better! Ha! Out Thanksgiving was good, too, with Ashley and her family. Can't wait to see you kids in a couple of weeks.
Love,
Grandma Tammy

MaryRuth said...

I'm so happy you're back! I missed your updates!

And I agree with you on the YW's thing... I have such a deep love for each one of our girls. It seriously is the greatest calling.

Welcome back!

Anonymous said...

ooh, me too - glad you're back! Can't wait to see what you've got cooking for the holidays! :o)

Anonymous said...

It couldn't have anything to do with the fact that you now have to FIND Gabe before you can take a pix of him, since he walks now, could it? Don't be too hard on yourself.

Love you much, and I am so grateful for the project you are doing for me. Thanks.

Sandra