Ok, so I feel like I need to get my butt in gear. I have so many things I want to accomplish, and it seems like I have less and less time as I go. So if I want to get any of it done - I need a plan. I need a way to get organized and start accomplishing things! Here are some of the goals I have and want to start working towards:
- Exercise – I do great when my friend Leslie and I go to Gold’s Gym together, but when I try to do it on my own I stink at it. I never get out of bed, and never end up exercising once I do get up. If I sleep in – I don’t exercise. What’s the deal with that? I want to be better about that. When I get my exercising done in the morning everything else goes smoother. I’m going to work on that. My goal is to go to the gym (or go walking) at least 4 days a week.
- TBG (The Blind Guy) – Having our business has been great in some ways, but in others I always have it hanging over my head. I want to develop a plan, and a schedule that I can somewhat stick to. That way I don’t always feel like, “I can’t do _____, I have work that needs done”. It doesn’t mean I am always doing work stuff, just that I always feel like it’s hanging over my head. I want to have some time scheduled to work on that.
- Scrapbooking – I love scrapbooking, I think about scrapbooking every day. Whether or not I actually DO it, that’s another story….So I want to get back to my goal of doing at least 1 (paper) scrapbook page for Gabe’s scrapbook each week. I also want to improve my scrapbooking. I have a simple style, and that’s not going to change – but I want to break outside of my little box more often. That might mean making cards for an afternoon/evening each week, or doing things that would stretch me creatively. I might pick up my book, “The Artist’s Way” that Cory bought for me a few years ago. I never read it – but maybe now would be a good time to add that to my reading list. I would also really like to start submitting to the magazines again. The competition is so fierce that I don’t know if it would even be worth my time, but I would really like to get into that again.
- Pictures – I absolutely love digital cameras. But at the same time, I hate them…does that make any sense to anyone else? I love that I can take a lot of pictures in order to get the perfect one. But I hate that all of my pictures seem to get “stuck” in my digital camera, or on my computer. I take the pictures, but I rarely print them. So I want to start printing my pictures once a month. For instance – it’s August. So by the end of August, I want to have my July pictures printed. I’m ok with being a month behind, but I want to work on staying somewhat caught up. For this to work I need to find another developer though – I am totally done with using Walmart. (Any suggestions?)
- Housework – As Gabe’s gotten older my house has gotten messier and dirtier. However, with him getting around now, and getting into EVERYTHING I need it to be cleaner than ever. But when it all comes down to it, cleaning is one of my least favorite things to do a lot of the time, so at the end of the day I put it off for one more day. Then I wait until I have someone coming over, or something going on at my house and I stress out about getting everything scrubbed. So I want to come up with a cleaning schedule. I don’t know if I need to look into something like “Fly Lady” (and if any of you use that website – email me), or if something else would work better – but I want to get into some kind of a routine. Like “Laundry on Monday”, “Bathrooms on Tuesday”, etc. I think breaking it into smaller chunks rather than, “Clean the entire house” – would help a lot. I get discouraged with so much to catch up on.
- Gabe – Now that Gabe is getting older I feel like I need to have some structured play time with him. Time when we can work on new words, new skills, sign language. I don’t quite know how to work on this yet – but I want to do more than read a few stories – I want to help him develop, and learn new things.
So my list is long, and I feel overwhelmed looking over it. But I know that I can do it - I know that I need to put some organizational things in place first though. So if anyone has any suggestions or ideas, I’d welcome them. How do you stay organized, how do you get everything done? Most importantly, how do you not get overwhelmed by everything rushing at you? When I sit down to accomplish things during Gabe’s nap I feel so overwhelmed that it seems like I don’t end up getting anything at all done. So send on your advice.