Saturday, October 29, 2005

First Haircut





Well I broke down and got Gabe's hair cut this morning. I kept saying I was going to do it - but I was afraid that I was going to be so sad once I did - so I kept putting it off. But it wasn't too bad. She didn't cut much of it, and it still sticks up all over the place. She said with all of his cowlick (honestly, I think he has like 4!) that his hair is quite simply just going to stick up. Oh well - I guess when he gets old enough we'll just have to buzz it :).

This week Gabe has really been super vocal. He has learned how to make the cutest little coos and noises. He tries to imitate noises we make - and it's so fun to get to "talk" with him. He also has found a love for books. I ask if he wants to read a story and his eyes light up and he smiles really big. He will even sit still most of the time for 2 or 3. Yesterday I even took him to the library. When we were checking out the librarian (who is in our ward) asked if I was already reading to him. I said yeah and he said, "That's great! We just went to a meeting today about reading to kids as little as him, and how it greatly improves their love for books, and their reading ability as they get older. " That made me excited. I'm also excited to return to the children's books I loved so much as I was growing up. I hope Gabe loves to read as much as I do!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

look at that big boy!!!!

you seriously cant read to them fast enough, Joanna. one of my favorite classes during my early childhood ed training was about literacy.

Anonymous said...

Ah! What a cute little man! Cowlicks and all! :)

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Every picture I have seen, has this big little boy smiling! What a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Hey Joanna and Cory,
The pictures are great of Gabe and you as parents. Sounds like you had a great time in Mauai. We just got back from Kauai. We spent the week of Thanksgiving there. It's a great island and not as commercialized as rest of the islands. Keep up the good work on the pictures. I shared your idea with Amy and Natalie. Love, Cammy